hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Who cares?
    Why do you expect to run it on beta software?

I don't have Windows 7 here to test, so there are no plans atm.

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2007
    Who cares?
    Why do you expect to run it on beta software?

I don't have Windows 7 here to test, so there are no plans atm.

Who cares? Well obviously I do and perhaps any other people running win7 or whom will be running win 7

I don't expect anything, it doesn't work, i reported it, asked for suggestions that's all.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Don't get me wrong, i didn't want to get harsh in my reply.

I'm just wondering, why the first test of a newly downloaded software must be done on a beta version of an OP Sys?
    it works perfect on XP and Vista and those are the systems i could test with.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The reason for the Product not working in Windows 7 is the ribbon component, which i use.

i've just identified an open source alternative.
    THere are a few things missing, which i would like to fix before i can move to it.

And this will work in Windows 7.

JonoMg

Portal Member
    March 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Hwahrmann.

Any update on this feature request as yet ? A cooleague of mine raves about this plugn so I tried it tongiht myself yut unfortunately, due to the fact that I am on Win7, it's a no go for me.

Thanks for your efforts to date

Cheers,

Jono

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Unfortunately the new component, which i'm trying for te ribbon has some bugs, which makes it impossible as of now to integrate.

spoonyluv

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2008
    I just used it with no problems under for Windows 7 for tag editing.

I'm using Ultimate 64 bit and ran the program under Vista SP1 compatibility mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ways-to-install-windows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77ac7c70e
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ways-to-install-windows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77ac7c70e
    Not sure if this is the correct section to post but is there any advantage in updating a Win 7 system to Win 10 I have run Win 7...
    Replies
    Views
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is not extensive). It is strange that you mention this because there are now four DVB-T channels in the UK that behave in the same way (this is new for the UK). I think that these might be some sort of...
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is...
    I am running MePo 1.32 X86 on Windows 11 Ryzen 9 7900X 32GB DDR5 RAM 1TB NVME Boot Drive 4TB NVME Data drive RTX 3060 12GB I have...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom