Don't want to view categories (1 Viewer)

dkw

Portal Member
June 23, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have MovPic on my home screen, but when I select it, it shows the category menu even though I have de-selected it. How do. Stop it from showing so it goes straight to the DVDs/BDs?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are you talking about the categories menu, or the titan mini basic home sub menu with 4 categories + Videos as option.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    you can't change it unless you edit the skin yourself. once the home editor becomes available you can edit it easily.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If you switch to Titan Extended skin (single row of icons), then the MovPic icon goes straight into MovPic itself.

dkw

Portal Member
    June 23, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok thanks. I prefer Titan basic with the 2 rows though.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok thanks. I prefer Titan basic with the 2 rows though.

You should be able to go into the MePo GUI settings then and adjust skin properties to *NOT* use latest-added option for MovPic, that should turn the button in just a dumb launch option then for MovPic. If you switch to single row you get best of both world, but adjusting that setting might at least give you what you want while retaining 2 rows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Strange ...
    Strange ...
    Updated MP client from 1.29 to 1.32. Kept Titan skin same as previously; very standard no Extended etc (afaik). The TV menu item...
    Replies
    Views
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    Many thanks for the answer. So far I've used Logitech's Harmony hub. This allows you to control all components (including the media portal). I have now contacted the Sofabaton hotline. It should also work here like with the Harmony. Unfortunately, not all of the IR codes are correct. You can also learn commands here. But that doesn't...
    Many thanks for the answer. So far I've used Logitech's Harmony hub. This allows you to control all components (including the...
    I don't have a complicated A/V system - a Sony A8H TV, Yamaha receiver, and a HTPC on which I run most media through MediaPortal. I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom