DOWNLOAD: Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.6.6 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Code:
     <multiply name="score" value1="${votes[1][0]:htmldecode}" value2="2"/>

We will always translate the source score to a 1-10 scale to be consistent.
    This line in the moviemeter.nl script takes the score value and multiplies it by two.. so it should be allright ;)

btw: we hope to bring you a tutorial soon about the scripting system, it's already possible to create and add your own scripts.
    If you like the adventure you can already look at the existing scripts here.

Roger K

Portal Member
    November 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello, yes the problem is reproducable- It happens every time i have played a movie, and yes I am in list view.
    I have to look in to how to post log files since I havent done that before, same with posting screenshot.

Dont have much time to do so at the moment, but will try to figure it out as soon as I can.

Thanks for your support, and quick replies.

Here comes a screenshot of my problem.

Has this issue (page 13 of this thread) been fixed yet? I'm still on 0.5.6 (out of town and haven't updated my media center yet) and mine does this same thing EVERY time I play a movie. I have to completely quit out of Mediaportal and reload it again to have it look normal. If this annoying issue were fixed I think Moving Pictures would be perfect (everything else works flawlessly for me, save for the backdrop loading times). I'm going to keep watching this thread and probably hold off updating my media center and plugins till MP 1.0 is released.

I got this issue resolved by enabling "EVR" in Media portal video renderer settings, so it is probably a problem with MediaPortal and not Moving Pictures as mentioned.
    I am still using MP RC3 and old version of Moving Pictures though, because i have no issues with it at the moment.
    I must read some on how to keep database while upgrading and such before I take the leap :).

Thanks again for this wonderful plugin, have tried a bunch before: Videobrowser, MyMovies and many others.
    I Think Moving Pictures is the best one I have ever used...

jojo1411

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    [
    I use MyFilms, but i would prefer MovingPictures. Isn't there a possibility to implement the option to disable the automatic scan of the movie folders in background or only when entering Moving Pictures?
    Just wondering out loud, but why would you tweak the settings without your server online? You say it starts automatic (short delay) when you start mediaportal. I would guess it needs to when you want to watch/listen something.
    btw good choice (tried MyFilms, but to complicated for me...)
    It is one of the strong points that it monitors your folder(s) for changes and acts accordingly..
    Ok, my english isn't good, but i will try to explain again. ;)
    I use Mediaportal primarily to watch TV, but only sometimes to watch Movies. The TV-server runs on the same machine. My Movies are stored on a second PC (NetworkServer) which starts when an other PC pings it. The NetworkServer gets in sleep when there is no network traffic within 15 minutes.
    The Problem is: When MovingPictures is enabled and Mediaportal starts, the server wakes up and stays the whole time on till I exit mediaportal or disable MovingPictures. It has to run although i only watch TV and do nothing with MovingPictures. Moving Pictures scans the whole time my shared movies on the NetworkServer in background so the network server can't switch off. :mad:

Is it possible to scan the import folders and automatic download movie information only when i enter MovingPictures inside Mediaportal? Can s.o. implement this in MovingPictures?

Or perhaps easier to implement: Is it possible to disable the automatic scan in background?
    MyTVSeries supports this, with a simple click in the config (look at my attached screenshot).

That would be very nice!
    I think other people have a similar problem, when they use a network storage! It causes unnecessarily energy cost, because the server has to run and the HDDs spins the whole time without use :(

Attachments

• TVSeries.JPG
      TVSeries.JPG
      73.3 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    My Movies are stored on a second PC (NetworkServer) which starts when an other PC pings it. The NetworkServer gets in sleep when there is no network traffic within 15 minutes. [...] I think other people have a similar problem, when they use a network storage! It causes unnecessarily energy cost, because the server has to run and the HDDs spins the whole time without use :(

Hi jojo1411, sorry for being offtopic, but can you guide me to more detailed information how you realized this? I use also separate machine but only spin down HDs for energy saving - this way shares are always accessible on demand. Don't you have timeouts when accessing the network shares while the server is sleeping (and takes 2 minutes to come up)? tnx in advance

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The Problem is: When MovingPictures is enabled and Mediaportal starts, the server wakes up and stays the whole time on till I exit mediaportal or disable MovingPictures. It has to run although i only watch TV and do nothing with MovingPictures. Moving Pictures scans the whole time my shared movies on the NetworkServer in background so the network server can't switch off. :mad:
    I'll let the developers handle the implementation request. I do think it would be a good feature (on a "per drive" setting).
    Just to let you know, my MediaPortal is (almost) always on, connected are 2 USB drives that do switch to idle mode after inactivity. When I want to watch something they spin up and (after a short, annoying delay) the movie or TV-serie starts. I do not notice the constant spinning of both drives. Therefor I do not think that the drives are constantly accessed by Moving Pictures..

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have a question about the ability to keep the Mediaportal in focus (On top of the desktop and taskbar all the time)
    When launcing image files from Moving Pictures (They are of course mounted though daemon tools) But when this happens, i see the taskbar for about 2 secs?
    An generally sometimes when launcing ex. an mkv movie file, Mediaportal sometimes minimize itself, and after about 1sec i maximize and start the movie...
    Very annoying to see the taskbar and windows backgrond, icons etc... :/
    Is there a solution for this? Ex a plugin which always keeps the Mediaportal on top?

Ex if i set the Mediaportal to always stay on top in mediaportal config, it causes problem's for Moving Pictures, and my plugin for running external programs... So so far i have set the config to only hide the taskbar...

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Moving Pictures breaking MyTV

Hi guys,i have a strange issue with Moving Pictures and it's that somehow after installing the plugin i cant watch TV no more.I've installed MP RC4 yesterday and made a complete backup of my drive so it was possible for me to test every combination of the installed plugin...and everything worked fine with all the plugins i'm using (My Trailers,TV-Series,LastFM)but after installing moving Pictures the TV plugin no longer work.I can always reproduce this issue on my computer following this steps:

- installing Moving pictures
    - configuring the database
    - start MP>MyTv (everything ok and working well)
    - watching a movie for a few seconds with Moving Pictures (basically starting M Pictures for the first time)
    - going back to MyTv and it's no longer working

I can tell the tv server is receiving the command from the TV plugin and it's starting the timeshift on the selected channel so no issue with the server part.
    Disabling M Pictures can't solve the problem,tryed to use different codecs but no luck,only restoring my backup image works.I hope you can help me to solve this issue and offcourse thank you for this wonderfull plugin.

logs attached (the .BAK are previous Moving Picture installation so maybe you can find something).

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Code:
     <multiply name="score" value1="${votes[1][0]:htmldecode}" value2="2"/>

We will always translate the source score to a 1-10 scale to be consistent.
    This line in the moviemeter.nl script takes the score value and multiplies it by two.. so it should be allright ;)

btw: we hope to bring you a tutorial soon about the scripting system, it's already possible to create and add your own scripts.
    If you like the adventure you can already look at the existing scripts here.

rating is empty with moviemeter, Armandp..

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Really nice Plugin! :)

But one Problem: MovingPicture automatic updates the database (it looks for new/removed files) when I start Mediaportal. I have all my movies on a network server and the server has to wake up every time when Mediaportal starts and MovingPicture Plugin is enabled. :mad:
    Is it possible to update the database manually or only if I enter in MovingPictures inside Mediaportal?

In TVSeries Plugin, i can adjust this with a simple click! It would be very nice to have the same option in Moving Pictures. Please, could you improve this?!

:D
    Sure we can add the ability to turn off the importer in the GUI. Both the option to auto start it or not and the option to turn it on and off from the GUI. Issue for the enhancement here. Sorry for the trouble with the connection being kept alive (so your media PC can't shut down). Moving Pictures right now monitors for file system changes in the background. It just plugs into the OS, so it should really not affect system resources, but I am not surprised it keeps a network connection open with a periodic ping like that.

Hi guys,i have a strange issue with Moving Pictures and it's that somehow after installing the plugin i cant watch TV no more.I've installed MP RC4 yesterday and made a complete backup of my drive so it was possible for me to test every combination of the installed plugin...and everything worked fine with all the plugins i'm using (My Trailers,TV-Series,LastFM)but after installing moving Pictures the TV plugin no longer work.I can always reproduce this issue on my computer following this steps:

- installing Moving pictures
    - configuring the database
    - start MP>MyTv (everything ok and working well)
    - watching a movie for a few seconds with Moving Pictures (basically starting M Pictures for the first time)
    - going back to MyTv and it's no longer working

I can tell the tv server is receiving the command from the TV plugin and it's starting the timeshift on the selected channel so no issue with the server part.
    Disabling M Pictures can't solve the problem,tryed to use different codecs but no luck,only restoring my backup image works.I hope you can help me to solve this issue and offcourse thank you for this wonderfull plugin.

logs attached (the .BAK are previous Moving Picture installation so maybe you can find something).
    Hrmm... Well Moving Pictures really doesn't interact with other stuff in MediaPortal that much with the exception of the video player, and for that we basically just pass in a filename and let MediaPortal do it's stuff. Because of this I think it may be more likely that it's a problem with RC4 than with Moving Pictures. That being said though, I'd be happy to take a look at it. I unfortunately don't see anything signifigant in your logs though and I don't have a TV card so I will have a hard time reproducing the issue. Can anyone else confirm this problem?

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Thanks for the quick answer fforde,i agree with you and it was for this i've called this issue a "strange issue" and i think too that maybe is a RC4 issue.I will try to do further investigations on this issue using my multiboot system cause this was tested on my Vista OS only.Next days i will test both RC3 (clean version and latest SVn version) and RC4 on my clean XP SP3 installation to see if it's RC4 issue or not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom