DUGG bad XML (1 Viewer)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
i'm affraid he is and he isn't going to fix it, he puts in too much time and effort to fix it each time the stations/websites change the data and make it encrypted, so i'm affraid currently dugg grabber is dead in the water

BigBuddha

Portal Pro
August 28, 2005
I can understand his position, but that is such bummer considering how good DUGG was and how many extra features it has.

What is the next best EPG grabber/source site to use after dugg?

MB

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Here's the instructions to setup WebEPG.

And you need to add the following lines to your WebEPG.xml file:

<section name="AuthSites">
    <entry name="Count">1</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="Auth1">
    <entry name="Site">minnie.tuhs.org</entry>
    <entry name="Login">xxxxx</entry>
    <entry name="Password">xxxxx</entry>
    </section>

with the "xxxxx" replaced by your OzTiVo username and password...

Also, make sure that you configure OzTiVo for the channels you want to download, and select XMLTV as the format - go to "Set user preferences", when in the "TV Guide web interface page".

Enjoy....:)

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    It is a real shame that DUGG is no more after this latest change, especially since I checked out the data it was pulling down and only the times were wrong, the descriptions and name, etc all seemed fine.

gbsmith71

September 3, 2006
    Bad XML for me too

I am also getting bad XML. When I look at the files in the data directory, they all have the program start times in a very strange format, with a "wr" instead of numbers. eg:

START
    2006090400wr00
    SBS Melbourne
    Australia by Numbers

This is then translated to xml incorrectly as well. This is happening for all victorian stations using Dugg 5.65.:confused:

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Unfortunately, this is a known problem with DUGG and will not be fixed - please refer here....:(

You will have to find an alternate EPG grabber....

BigBuddha

Portal Pro
    August 28, 2005
    Also, make sure that you configure OzTiVo for the channels you want to download, and select XMLTV as the format - go to "Set user preferences", when in the "TV Guide web interface page".

Enjoy....:)

How do you add timezone info to the tvguide.xml with WebEpg so that you can use the offset in MP config to set the correct timezone?

It should have something like +0000 but my tvguide.xml has nothing like that in it :(

atomar77

August 21, 2006
    I'm not sure if this is relevant in this thread but I've written a small app that downloads JRobbo's XML file, replaces channel names and saves it at a specified output location.
    It runs as windows service in the background.
    I've been using it for some time now and it seems to update my EPG as expected.
    If anyone wants to give it a try, it requires .NET 2.0. A basic help document is included once installed.
    http://www.basepointer.com/download/grabepg.zip

Users who are viewing this thread