DUGG bad XML (1 Viewer)

broadscott

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
When I use DUGG to import the EPG and create the tvguide.xml file, MP won't import it at all and gives the error bad XML (file can't start with "." or something). Anyone else had this problem? An fixes?

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Make sure you have the following line in your Dugg.ini file

mode=mp

If your Dugg.ini file has the line "mode=mce" then you will end up with a TV guide that MP can't read.

squidina

Portal Member
    August 5, 2005
    I just kicked off another Dugg grab event, and it looks like he's upgraded it again. Maybe check that you have the autoupdate line in your ini file and run Dugg again.

The latest version ( at this writing anyway ) is 5.65

broadscott

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    I just kicked off another Dugg grab event, and it looks like he's upgraded it again. Maybe check that you have the autoupdate line in your ini file and run Dugg again.

The latest version ( at this writing anyway ) is 5.65

Autoupdate on, upgraded to new version, still didn't work. I have given up. I am using the GetEpg vbs script now (with a little bash script to copy the output xmltv.xml file to tvguide.xml, since it didn't seem to do that).

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    yeah i only recently starting getting this problem as well broadscott, i have a feeling maybe ninsmsn have changed something again, hope angusman can fix it

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I know this is not very helpful, but I ran DUGG this morning, and just imported the tvguide.xml file into MediaPortal, without any errors.....:)

At what stage in the process do you get the error - where does the error appear (is it a DUGG error message, or a MediaPortal error message)?

broadscott

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    I know this is not very helpful, but I ran DUGG this morning, and just imported the tvguide.xml file into MediaPortal, without any errors.....:)

At what stage in the process do you get the error - where does the error appear (is it a DUGG error message, or a MediaPortal error message)?

It is a Media Portal error. I get it when I go to TV Guide in Media Portal (not setup) and press info (F3) -> import TV Guide. It them tells me that it can't import it and that the xml file is invalid.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I got the same problem a couple of days ago, I cracked open the xml and saw html code inside some of the description tags. I'm not at home right now, but I could probably post something tomorrow if it would help?

Users who are viewing this thread