DVB-EPG has never worked for me :( (1 Viewer)

bigal

Portal Pro
September 18, 2005
Gothenburg
I have tested with both LR6650 and Twinhan DVB-T CI and no one of them gets any EPG data. What is the main thingd to do to get it to work?
what settings most be set?

/BigAl

80sman

Portal Pro
August 1, 2005
UK
Can't speak for where you are in the world, as I don't know how they transmit dvb-epg or even if they do.

In the uk I was able to download dvb-epg with my LR6650 with the 0.1.3 with the last cvs.

Also able to use the 0.2.0 RC1 which would populate it too, but soon after that the CVS broke the epg which I believe is in the process of being sorted at the moment.

In the meantime I'm using webepg, which populates most things and works very fast.

80sman

Portal Pro
August 1, 2005
UK
Yes thats what I mean, but the dvb-t has been much improved since 0.2.0 RC1 release and I prefere to use the latest cvs for the better tv playback.

Personally I'd use the webepg untill the cvs has the dvbepg fully sorted, I'll have to have a read through the change log within the cvs to see how Frodo is doing with it.

I don't know if any of this is applicable to you as the way that dvbepg is transmitted in the uk I think is different from the rest of Europe. I believe the data in the uk is transmitted from every every channel for all mux's for 7 days.

However I thought that Europe transmitted only the data for 1 mux from 1 channel so you have to change channel after several minutes to a channel in a different mux for a different part of the epg to generate.

I could be wrong on this, I'm no expert.

bigal

Portal Pro
September 18, 2005
Gothenburg
80sman said:
However I thought that Europe transmitted only the data for 1 mux from 1 channel so you have to change channel after several minutes to a channel in a different mux for a different part of the epg to generate.

As I has exprienced from my DVB-Box the epg takes about 5 sek to get recived, when looking at all channels-epg the epg seems to update without changing channels

but as you said, I am no expert me neather.... =)

/BigAl

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    There have been lots of DVB EPG related changes lately in the CVS builds. Maybe you could try those and see if it helps.

Ian Darley

Portal Member
    July 15, 2005
    Southport
    Just a quick update on my last post on this subject. About two weeks ago i installed a new cvs snapshot and this killed my MP completely, unable to find any channels. Tried re-installing, no luck so I decided to do a compete registry clean-out, searching for anything to do with MP or my tv card drivers. I re-installed everything and did a complete configuration. Bingo, tv fine, stable and dvb epg works great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The optimum settings for EPG grabbing will depend on your location in the world, and how you use your HTPC, so there is not a single setup that will suit everyone. This page in the Wiki explains some of the factors involved. The timeshift and idle grabbers can both be enabled if you wish, but the optimum settings for the timeshift...
    The optimum settings for EPG grabbing will depend on your location in the world, and how you use your HTPC, so there is not a...
    Since the BBC integrated their regional programs into their BBC One HD channel in the last couple of weeks my MP2 shows "No program...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Australia - DVB-EPG - does it work? DE
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further discussion it’s better to open another thread. I’ll mark the EPG topic as solved.
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further...
    Hi there, Have just installed Media Portal 2 for a play around; mainly my interests are for watching/recording live FTA tv and...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector, and also set them as the EPG grabber for radio in MP2. But here's the odd thing: The next time I opened the XMLTV EPG mapper (where you map actual channels to channels available in the EPG), the radio...
    Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector...
    Following on from this thread: Previously I used EPG Collector very successfully to grab a 7 day OTA EPG which included the EPG...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
    Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom