DVB Subtitles (1 Viewer)

magnuskrona

October 22, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi

What's the status on DVB subtitles in MediaProtal? Does MediaPortal support this yet?

/Magnus

Spider

Portal Member
October 25, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I can confirm that Canal+ channels in Sweden with DVB-C (ComHem) are using teletext subtitles.
You can get it in Danish Too!

I'm looking forward to have the teletext transparent and without the frame with page info, date etc. if that is possible.

magnuskrona

October 22, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Is it possible to get teletext subtitles (for example Canal+, ComHem) in MediaPortal today, and if so, how do I enable it?

Spider

Portal Member
October 25, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Teletext on CRT TV's has normally two modes (with background/transparent), MediaPortal currently only support the mode with background.
This means (at least for me) when viewing Canal+ and selecting Text-TV/Teletext from the context menu you get page 100 with background, if you then go to page 199 you get the subtitles in Swedish but with a black background above the picture e.g. you see the subtitle but not the video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Default Direct Sound Device was the problem. MPAR worked better than Dircect Sound, but is still a problem. Changed Audio Renderer to use the TV and it's working.
Default Direct Sound Device was the problem. MPAR worked better than Dircect Sound, but is still a problem. Changed Audio Renderer...
New computer build with Windows 11 Pro. MediaPortal 1.34 x64. When I pause a video the audio drops out. This only occurs when...
Replies
Views
@CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
@CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
Do live TV subtitles work for TV in Australia? If so what are the settings? I am a 74 year old with hearing impairment and have...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DVB-T playback DE
Those signal numbers look fine. (y) Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions as to the possible cause of your problem. :( -- from CyberSimian in the UK
Those signal numbers look fine. (y) Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions as to the possible cause of your problem. :(...
I've just rebuilt my htpc and added DVB-S and DVB-T cards TBS6281 and TBS6982. The system is all working well except for playback...
Replies
Views
This is not possible, only on the bluray present subtitles can be selected. Same as above. Audio streams can never be selected apart from the merged ones. You'll have to use tools like the mentioned Media-Buddy to achieve that. Subtitles of local media can be placed into the same folder (with the same name) into the video file. You...
This is not possible, only on the bluray present subtitles can be selected. Same as above. Audio streams can never be selected...
Hi, is it possible to include downloaded subtitles during Bluray playback? While playing a Bluray, i can open the menu to select...
Replies
Views
Judging by the source code, 1.20 has DB version 61, and 1.33 has DB version 62. That is, one column has been added: symbolRateMultiplier
Judging by the source code, 1.20 has DB version 61, and 1.33 has DB version 62. That is, one column has been added...
Hi I have a TV server 1.12 on a dedicated box, utilizing 2 DVB-C cards and newcs. I want to keep that installation. However one of...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom