[solved] DVB/T2 HD Germany - Channelscan (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately the channels of the private providers don´t work, although I thought (and read) that they would be unscrambled during the test phase :cry:

Yes I read and thought/understood the same:confused:.

The private Channels are scrambled Irdeto(cardless).

Not sure what you mean there:unsure:. If I had an appropriate tuner equiped with a Freenet C1+ module would I then be able to view the private channels for free during the test phase (till March 2017)? That is without paying to charge the card or impacting the offer of the first 3 months charge included in the cost of the card?

ritterkun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a possibility to descramble it with software :whistle:
    Not Yet.
    If I had an appropriate tuner equiped with a Freenet C1+ module would I then be able to view the private channels for free during the test phase (till March 2017)? That is without paying to charge the card or impacting the offer of the first 3 months charge included in the cost of the card?
    It is possible to register authorisized hardware (modul or receiver) at freenet and have free privat TV looking in the testphase. Have a look at freenet.tv for particulars.
    Only said it is srambled (CAID: 06CB ECM_PID: 057D PROVID: 000000 for RTL HD).
    Its cardless and you have to pay only for module or receiver in testphase. Descrambling is based on the number of module or receiver.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Its cardless...
    This cloaked Irdeto scheme is bad for consumer choice. You have to use the provided STB. Here in NZ we have a provider ("Igloo") who is using this cloaked CA on their [single frequency] DVB-T2 network. The only available STB is apparently slooowww, has to reboot every night, and can't record. I'm glad that Igloo is shutting down in March 2017. :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This cloaked Irdeto scheme is bad for consumer choice. You have to use the provided STB. Here in NZ we have a provider ("Igloo") who is using this cloaked CA on their [single frequency] DVB-T2 network. The only available STB is apparently slooowww, has to reboot every night, and can't record. I'm glad that Igloo is shutting down in March 2017. :)

For your info:-

The existing OTA TV system in Germany is DVBT with about 24 channels (varies by area) it is digital but not HD and no radio, all channels are available unscrabled. Public channels are funded via a subscription per household similar but more expensive than the BBC license fee in the UK, other channels are funded by advertising which is subject to regulations on when and how long (I reckon more than in the UK but less than the US) .
    As I understand it, and please anyone correct me if this is wrong, the plan is that the new system DVBT2 HD(HEVC encoded full 1920x1280) will ultimarely (quite quickly) replace the current system once it starts up in full in March 2017. The problem is that although many TVs have DVBT/2 tuners very few, even at this time, can handle HEVC decoding so if you do not have an HTPC running MP you will need an STB:eek:. Furthermore although public brodcaster channels will continue to be unscambled many if not all the others will be scrambled. I have to confess that the prospect of paying for channels with advertising albeit in HD, that I currently get for free does not fill me with delight.:(. Again as I understand it a monthly subscription with the purchase of an authorised C1+ module which can be plugged into a appropriate TV, STB and other hardware will unscamble the non public channels.
    It will be interesting to see if the audience for the scambled channels will be big enough to keep the advertises happy, if not we might well see some channels dropping out of the scambled option. I live in hope:LOL:.

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Attached is a new version of TsReader.ax with modifications/improvements to how it handles 'seeking' (i.e. skip steps in MP) for H.264 and HEVC.

Please try it (even if you are not using HEVC at the moment) and report back any problems.

Attachments

• TsReader_HEVC_v4.2.1.27.zip
      208.7 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Attached is a new version of TsReader.ax with modifications/improvements to how it handles 'seeking' (i.e. skip steps in MP) for H.264 and HEVC.

Please try it (even if you are not using HEVC at the moment) and report back any problems.
    Tested and works OK for me - skip steps and ff/rew work perfect, even with mixed timeshift streams (HD channels and SD channels) (y) (y) (y)
    As I didn´t recognize any problems, we should probably add the new files to the next MP pre release (1.16) :whistle:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Tested it in MP2 environment. Works well with Mpeg2 and h264 streams. H265 I can not test, sorry... Indeed it looks better than the "regular" tsreader.ax which has some sync issues lately... I definitely will continue using it in "productive" environment to see if there are some long term issues raising.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The new TsReader looks good to me also, both SD and HD, skip, ff/rew working 100%(y)(y):).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom