Editing recorded TV (1 Viewer)

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

Frame accuracy I could live without if necessary - so, MKVmerge would let me me edit out the adverts and let me keep the subtitles?[DOUBLEPOST=1371042541][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry Catavolt, posted at exactly the same time as you - what about subtitle support in AVIDemux, is that still not part of it yet?

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
Easiest and fastest thing to do is just buy another 4TB HDD :p

Though I completely agree that another HDD would be the easiest thing to do, I am a bit OCD when it comes to things like recordings that I want to keep. I feel compelled to tidy them up - just wish I was like that with my house!

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another one for you: Freemake Video Converter. It´s freeware, too.
    And it has the ability to add subtitles.
    During installation you should watch closely and untick the offered extra programmes like browser addons etc.
    But it works fine, fast and has a lot of setting possibilities (up to lossless conversion) ;)

okie1211

June 19, 2013
    Home Country
    Bulgaria Bulgaria
    I use a neat little program called Appgeeker.
    It will convert pretty much any type of file (video/audio/pictures/etc.) into pretty much any type of file.
    Really easy to use

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Interesting - I have come accross Freemake Video Converter before.
    I think I shall give it a go over the weekend.
    I am thinking of, in addition to cutting out the adverts, converting my video files to MP4s (H.264 video but keeping the original MP2 audio). Does Freemake have the ability for you to adjust the quality when re-encoding like Handbrake does?

I did look at Handbrake but it does not support MP2 pass-thru, unfortunately.

One other quick thing - does Freemake offer any error correction or should I run my ts files through mpeg2repair before editing them?

Thanks

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very informative and detailed responses. I will take your advice and monitor the Scheduled recordings list for the discrepancies you have described. Cheers.
    @CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very...
    I am in Australia. My problem is with recorded tv programs. Most times the program title and info are correct but quite often the...
    Replies
    Views
    And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
    And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
    I'm about to do a Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade on a disk that has 2 partitions. The second partition holds all the recorded tv files so...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks CyberSimian, that's fixed it (y) and also thanks to AJS for including the change in the next release.
    Thanks CyberSimian, that's fixed it (y) and also thanks to AJS for including the change in the next release.
    When using the List Layout for Argus TV Recorded TV the page count is above the bottom information bar, refer to attached...
    Replies
    Views
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom