Tools and other software EPG-Buddy ATSC USA Testing (2 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That is planned for a future fix.
    Right now they want to make it run properly
    You're absolutely right.
    I believe this version creates and imports the current list into the database directly.
    You are right again. In the database the channels and your editing on them are stored.
    Opposite to other supported sources tvguide did not provide a simple list of the available channels. That's why there is a one day EPG grabbing for all channels performed on every start of EPG-Buddy. This way we get a recent list of the available channels that we store (and update) in our db. In daily usage (means as soon as you're done configuring your channels) the main program is not running. Only a few helper tools (without GUI) that does the automatic data download for you. The "real" EPG grabbing then is for the configured channels only to save bandwidth and time. The downloaded EPG data only is stored inside the resulting xml files, not in the database...

bc420

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2012
    Bring Cash
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    So I shrunk the list down to just what I needed left and still the log file shows it tries to still grab 14 days and exits with out of memory error .. Thanks there is no xml file , I see .... Answers my question .Looks like it will need some more work since it does not save 1 day which is all I tried to grab.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Can you try to exchange the attached file in your EPG-Buddy installation folder and try again, please...

Attachments

• 290551_EPG-Grabber.zip
      145.3 KB

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    What should this be fixing?

It is still grabbing 14 days

[2017-03-21 05:09:46,838] [INFO ] [GETCHANNELLIST ] [3 ] Get channellist for grabbing.
    [2017-03-21 05:09:46,839] [INFO ] [TVGUIDE ] [4 ] Grabbing EPG from channellist.
    [2017-03-21 05:09:46,842] [INFO ] [TVGUIDE ] [4 ] Grabbing epg for 14 days.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What should this be fixing?

It is still grabbing 14 days
    It should not grab 14 days when a different value is set... So it has to be something different what is causing this. By the way, I can not confirm this issue here. For me it grabs as much days as I've set in EPG-Buddy and this is valid for both versions. And also the OOM error I can not reproduce. So those issues will most likely hard to fix.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    I have the strange feeling this might be connected to the First Run error after a fresh install

upload_2017-3-21_5-28-25.png

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will have a look. This variable not declared error should not happen at all...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    I went back to the new version.
    WebGrab+ grabbing does grab the # of days you set it for.
    Doing a Dual grab with WebGrab+ and TVGuide, WebGrab does the correct # of days, TVGuide still does 14 days.

Are you aware that TVSpielfilm and ClickFinder do Not have Settings for the # of days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom