Exiting SNES and Project 64 Help Please (1 Viewer)

kampswas

Portal Member
August 26, 2006
am having trouble exiting SNES and Project 64 right back into media Portal any aurguements/.? Thanks!

kampswas

Portal Member
August 26, 2006
More Details on SNES and Project 64

When I exit out of SNES I get the main screen of SNES i have to scroll down with mouse to quit or press Q then it exits.
As far as project64 It doesnt exit at all it keeps the window open.i have to click the X on the upper corner.

O

~ok|

hi,

I don't understand how you'd like to stop them.
Prssing Q in ZSnes or closing the Project64 window are standard ways to terminate these programs.

When I exit out of SNES I get the main screen of SNES
As far as project64 It doesnt exit at all it keeps the window open

How do you first try to quit these programs? Do you use any kind of key combinations? With a remote control? With a keyboard?

please be more explicit

zsnes & project64 terminate flawlessly with a simple ALT+F4

kampswas

Portal Member
August 26, 2006
alt-f4

Simple enough,alt-f4 works fine for me., any specific arguement in the set up or do i nee d to set up a hot key for it thanks for your attention to this

O

~ok|

hello,

there is no special parameter to pass on zsnes or project64 command lines.
See the wiki documentation and the included emulator help files for further help on this topic.

if you use a keyboard then you can't create this kind of hotkey from within the MP configuration tool. Keyboard shortcuts of this kind are necessarily all bound to MP, exclusively, and not to external programs. Nonetheless you may use a third-party program to do so (I have no program name on my mind ATM).
If you use a remote control, it is more a matter of taste. Personally I use Girder where you can do almost everything, including sending windows messages to terminate a specific running program. I have no experience with the internal MP HID (configured through the "remote" part from the configuration tool) but I doubt you can control external applications with it. Please see the doc of your own remote control front-end application (e.g. winlirc, ati rf communication module, etc) in any other cases.

have a nice day

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

There has been some jigger-pokery going on with the Windows volume OSD in newer MP-1 versions to get it and the MP volume OSD to display as per the options in MP Config. The behaviour you are seeing will be fixed in the next release, the Windows volume OSD will appear very briefly on MP exit on the desktop but fades away completely...
There has been some jigger-pokery going on with the Windows volume OSD in newer MP-1 versions to get it and the MP volume OSD to...
Hi, after a fresh install of MP on a Mini PC, when I exit MP to go back to the desktop, a rectangle appears above the Windows...
Replies
Views
The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything about the functionality of this plugin, I don't use TV Part, but if there are any changes that can be simply transferred, then I can try. But I can't give any guarantees.
The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything...
I am a long-time user of MediaPortal to watch TV. I use the Media Portal TV Server as a backend, and Kodi (previously known as...
Replies
Views
That was the correction I made in BasicHome for the 1.35 Prerelease which you adddd to repo ;)
That was the correction I made in BasicHome for the 1.35 Prerelease which you adddd to repo ;)
I'm going bananas here!! Used MP1 since MP1.10 or so.....an haven't had problems for years! Am using latest Dune...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 No TV Service DE
Looking at recent activity on the web site, it has been 4 weeks since any of the MP2 developers have been active. They may be taking a short (or an extended) break. For this reason I would suggest that you uninstall MP2 and re-install MP1. The 1.33 version is recommended (in either the 32-bit or 64-bit version). Also, it is pretty...
Looking at recent activity on the web site, it has been 4 weeks since any of the MP2 developers have been active. They may be...
Hi, I've recently installed Media Portal 2, having first removed an older version of MP1, but am having issues with live TV. It...
Replies
Views
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom