Expressions/Rules requests (2 Viewers)

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Earlier you said: \\servern\Film\TV is that what T: maps to? I have not tried with a drive foot, would be surprising if that doesnt work.
Does it also not work if you define \\servern\Film\TV as the folder either? That kinda has to work, its is extremely similar to what my setup looks like. If it doesn't, something else is going on.
OK, I found something.
If I place the files in a subdir \\servern\Film\TV\new it works.
\\servern\Film\TV and T: are the same place, a dedicated disc for TV series. Seems the parser don't look in the root folder of the disc?

So, as a workaround I will setup uTorrent to place new downloads in T:\new\, until I sort the new files into the respective folder for each show.

Niclas

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Guys,

sorry if the following suggestion was already made.

I discovered that TV Series try to parse every file and search for a adequate name of the series (it doing very well with the latest regex, so thumbs up for this work)

But what about a different way to get all episodes (maybe I'm wrong and it do it already, if so then sorry)

1. define the folder to scan (series)
    2. scan all top folder under movies (and take the name as name for the serie)
    3. scan all files under the series folder and sub folders
    4. only search for the pattern s01e01 (and variations of it)

In other words. take the series folder as name for all files under the series folder (and sub folders) and search only the files for the s01e01 pattern.

Series->Scrubs->xcv-scrubs-s01e01hdtv-x264.mkv
    Series->Scrubs->Series 01->yxcscrubs-s01e02hdtv-x264.mkv

PLEX is doing the same and it could improve the matches alot.

Just an idea!

Thank and bye

Hi marvman,

unless I misunderstand what you are saying, what you want is essentially just another regex expression.
    I'm not sure what you mean by it tries to parse every file for the series name? What it does is, it hands of every (video) file (with path) to the regexes in order, its up to them to decide if its a match or not, if its not, it is disregarded at this point. If the filepath matches a regex than that regex will have returned a seriesname/season/episode number with which we do metadata lookup.

Please give concrete examples of filenames you think would fit better. I'm pretty sure you just need a regex (and disable the rest). Are you essentially trying to lower false positives?

What I encounter when importing my series, that tv series import all in the first step, after that tv series came up with the some files it couldn't parse (no match was found).

example was: itg-scrubsdb-s06e05.avi and tv series ask me what series it was. I typed scrubs and tv series got it.
    Then I ask myself, why need tv series the series name of this file.

My folder structure is as following:

Scrubs
    -----Series 1
    -----Series 6
    ----------- itg-scrubsdb-s06e05.avi

So tv series just need the top folder and search all files (no matter of sub folder names) for s06e05, the rest can be ignored.

Hope you understand what I mean

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hi Guys,

sorry if the following suggestion was already made.

I discovered that TV Series try to parse every file and search for a adequate name of the series (it doing very well with the latest regex, so thumbs up for this work)

But what about a different way to get all episodes (maybe I'm wrong and it do it already, if so then sorry)

1. define the folder to scan (series)
    2. scan all top folder under movies (and take the name as name for the serie)
    3. scan all files under the series folder and sub folders
    4. only search for the pattern s01e01 (and variations of it)

In other words. take the series folder as name for all files under the series folder (and sub folders) and search only the files for the s01e01 pattern.

Series->Scrubs->xcv-scrubs-s01e01hdtv-x264.mkv
    Series->Scrubs->Series 01->yxcscrubs-s01e02hdtv-x264.mkv

PLEX is doing the same and it could improve the matches alot.

Just an idea!

Thank and bye

Hi marvman,

unless I misunderstand what you are saying, what you want is essentially just another regex expression.
    I'm not sure what you mean by it tries to parse every file for the series name? What it does is, it hands of every (video) file (with path) to the regexes in order, its up to them to decide if its a match or not, if its not, it is disregarded at this point. If the filepath matches a regex than that regex will have returned a seriesname/season/episode number with which we do metadata lookup.

Please give concrete examples of filenames you think would fit better. I'm pretty sure you just need a regex (and disable the rest). Are you essentially trying to lower false positives?

What I encounter when importing my series, that tv series import all in the first step, after that tv series came up with the some files it couldn't parse (no match was found).

example was: itg-scrubsdb-s06e05.avi and tv series ask me what series it was. I typed scrubs and tv series got it.
    Then I ask myself, why need tv series the series name of this file.

My folder structure is as following:

Scrubs
    -----Series 1
    -----Series 6
    ----------- itg-scrubsdb-s06e05.avi

So tv series just need the top folder and search all files (no matter of sub folder names) for s06e05, the rest can be ignored.

Hope you understand what I mean

Yes, I understand what you mean, and its possible with a Regex Expression. I hope someone more versed in regex than me can help you create it.

We cant just use that by default though, because alot of people have their files in the format "scrubs.s01e06.episodename.avi" so we try to look in the filename with those regex expressions.

bugmenot

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007
    regarding to the first post this seems to be the right forum, so i reposted my request:
    sorry if i'm wrong here.
    ____

hi. i don't get an reg.expression for the following case working:
    Series: 24 ("Tag" means "day")

Folder structure: root\24\Season 1\
    Filename(s):
    S01E01 - Tag.1.-.00.00-01.00.avi
    S01E02 - Tag.1.-.01.00-02.00.avi

can someone help me?

:D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    example was: itg-scrubsdb-s06e05.avi

I can build you a custom expression another day to accept your folder+file structure as-is, but I'm a little wrapped up to do it anyday soon. In the meantime however you could simply strip the scene-tags from your file names to get the same result with the existing expressions.

In your example if you add a string replacement entry (before matching), that looks for "itg-" and replaces it with nothing, and replace "db-s" with ".s", then "itg-scrubsdb-s06e05.avi" turns into "scrubs.s06e05.avi" which will be matched auto with the default expressions.

Use that, or be a little bit more patient for the custom expression.

hi. i don't get an reg.expression for the following case working:
    Series: 24 ("Tag" means "day")

Folder structure: root\24\Season 1\
    Filename(s):
    S01E01 - Tag.1.-.00.00-01.00.avi
    S01E02 - Tag.1.-.01.00-02.00.avi

All the extra digits in the title is throwing off the 2nd+ parsing expressions, and you lack series name in the file for the 1st parsing expression to work.

"24 S01E01 - Tag.1.-.00.00-01.00.avi" will be picked up fine by the 1st expression. Your problem can be solved by a custom parsing expression, but just like Marvman you will have to wait if you want me to make you one.

It might be that the following simple expression will work for you:

<series>\Season <season>\S<season>E<episode> - <title>.<ext>

but the face that <season> tag is used twice might throw off the simple parsing expression system. I'll get back to ya with custom expression when I find time.

hakuna

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2004
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Earlier you said: \\servern\Film\TV is that what T: maps to? I have not tried with a drive foot, would be surprising if that doesnt work.
    Does it also not work if you define \\servern\Film\TV as the folder either? That kinda has to work, its is extremely similar to what my setup looks like. If it doesn't, something else is going on.
    OK, I found something.
    If I place the files in a subdir \\servern\Film\TV\new it works.
    \\servern\Film\TV and T: are the same place, a dedicated disc for TV series. Seems the parser don't look in the root folder of the disc?

So, as a workaround I will setup uTorrent to place new downloads in T:\new\, until I sort the new files into the respective folder for each show.

Niclas

If I place the file in a share that is not on the root of a drive, then it is found, even though it is not in a sub directory.

Niclas

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    example was: Scrubs\Series 6\itg-scrubsdb-s06e05.avi

Folder structure: root\24\Season 1\S01E01 - Tag.1.-.00.00-01.00.avi

Ok, you are lucky that I was bored while on hold on the phone, and it turned out it wasn't much work to modify the existing filename expression, so the following expression works for the both of you:

^(?:.*\\)?(?<series>[^\\]+?)\\[^\\]+\\.*(?:?(?<season>\d+)[ _.\-\[\]]*[ex](?<episode>\d+)|(?:\#|\-\s)(?<season>\d+)\.(?<episode>\d+))(?:[ _.+-]+(?:?\k<season>[ _.\-\[\]]*[ex](?<episode2>\d+)|(?:\#|\-\s)\k<season>\.(?<episode2>\d+))|(?:[ _.+-]*[ex+-]+(?<episode2>\d+)))*[ _.\-\[\]]*(?<title>(?![^\\].*?(?<!the)[ .(-]sample[ .)-]).*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

It looks for:

"Series Name"\(ignores this folder name completly)\(ignores any prefixes)S(season)E(episode) (it will use anything after it as title, but since TheTVdB is used for this, it is only used when thetvdb.com is down).​

If the term "sample" is present in the title it will be skipped, unless it is "the sample" (as per a Chuck episode)

The best position in the parsing expression list would be the 2nd one

Enjoy.

bugmenot

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007
    thank you very much RoChess this expression works perfect!

it would be great if you can help me out with another.
    I now think it is better if i choose the series i want to include all by hand and not include a full harddisc drive like above.

This time i want to import the following structure:

Series Name\Season\S01E02 - Tag.1.-.01.00-02.00.avi

for example: S:\24\ for importing S:\24\Season 1\S01E02 - Tag.1.-.01.00-02.00.avi

when using the standard expressions (and the new one you just made) i get S1 for the Series Name, which is not correct :(

hope you have the time to help me again.. :D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    thank you very much RoChess this expression works perfect!

it would be great if you can help me out with another.
    I now think it is better if i choose the series i want to include all by hand and not include a full harddisc drive like above.

This time i want to import the following structure:

Series Name\Season\S01E02 - Tag.1.-.01.00-02.00.avi

for example: S:\24\ for importing S:\24\Season 1\S01E02 - Tag.1.-.01.00-02.00.avi

when using the standard expressions (and the new one you just made) i get S1 for the Series Name, which is not correct :(

hope you have the time to help me again.. :D

So all you want to provide to MP-TVSeries is "Season 1\S01E02 - Tag.1.-.01.00-02.00.avi", and it has to use superior Artificial Intelligence to determine that this is the TV-Show "24"????? Get back to me in 25 years and I'm sure that will be no problem.

Until then, create "S:\TV Shows", configure that as import folder, and put "24\Season 1\S01E02 - Tag.1.-.01.00-02.00.avi" inside of it, which will work with the expression already provided to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom