External srt not working anymore with 1.13? (1 Viewer)

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
read my use case, see the reason, and take it as majority of use cases for MP users.

Really, I would understand your attempts to revert the logic to previous, if there would be no way to configure it as you want to (i.e. loading italian subtitles if those are present), but mm1352000 even pointed you to the automation tool that can adjust your setup to the new MP behavior in less than one minute.
Butwith all respect, you are trying to tell us that your setup is the only correct one, ant that is not true (according to user responses). MP Devs would not change this part if everyone would be happy with the old behavior.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    read my use case, see the reason, and take it as majority of use cases for MP users.

It's not true. the majority case is when we have only a srt not two external srt. It's obvious. I don't get an Italian subtitle and a dutch one because it's stupid (for me). I don't speak dutch.

When we have an unique external file it can't be different than our native language. So why MP don't consider this srt italian as default without any suffix?

that's all.

you are trying to tell us that your setup is the only correct one

No, It's not true. The new feature is important.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    the majority case is when we have only a srt not two external srt.
    i didn't said that i have 2 ext subs. I said that i have one ext sub file, but sometimes it is russian, and sometimes - german. MP 1.12 cannot know what language sub has, so it shows me ext subtitle whether i want it or not. MP 1.13+ can recognize the language and thus shows me only subs on german, not on russian.
    My wife has other preferences, so when she is watching movies, she wants to have russian subs only.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok, but do you agree with me that would be nice an srt without suffix should be not ignored and should take the default language in configuration? German or Russian or what else

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I agree, this is no bug...

But I think the @red5goahead use case is a really common one. If you have one external subtitle it is usually the subtitle you would like to use (otherwise why would you have it?).

One (for me preferable) use case would be this logic in subtitle loading

Load by language preference, prefer external over internal. If no subtitle found (by language) load any subtitle but prefer external over internal.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    IMHO:
    No language prefix in sub filename = Default sub language (from MP config) - Ignore this file is not correctly, It is possible when you select the subtitle in the GUI such as its tag.
    language prefix in sub filename = Language from filename ...

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    [
    I've only three option . There is not the "...first available" (the third one) one in my installation, I've upgraded from an 1.12 svn to 1.13 because I've tested on a new features some weeks ago.

There is a fix on 1.13 but the new option was added for 1.14 pre-release, so you can try it :) because maybe it's what you want :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I think with 1.14 it should be ok like it was before, this is why i have added another option :)
    Hope it will work for you :)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I think with 1.14 it should be ok like it was before, this is why i have added another option :)
    Hope it will work for you :)

Yes, the 1.14 work fine

mXadlAj.png

this option work fine because If I have not the .italian suffix MP doesn't select the English embedded subtitle.
    When italian suffix exists MP choose that subtitle

Vasilich's marriage is safe :eek:

Rr6Hd23.png

this option, work as usual so the external file is select without any language suffix, the external srt is the main subtitle again

(y)

Users who are viewing this thread