Failed Setup (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Darbyshire

September 27, 2018
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
please help,i am trying to instal MediaPortal and no matter what i do i keep getting the same error message,any body any ideas,thanks iin advance

Attachments

• SNAG-0015.jpg
    SNAG-0015.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 50

aspik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    please run the installer by executing the MP2-Setup-Logging.bat and post the log file from the setup (MP2-Setup_000_MainPackage.log).

aspik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Thanks for the log!

The DirectX package is failing to install:
    [1E18:3488][2018-09-27T22:16:08]i301: Applying execute package: directx9, action: Install, path: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\3c8243734cf43dd7bb2332ba05b58ccacfa4377c\dxwebsetup.exe, arguments: '"C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\3c8243734cf43dd7bb2332ba05b58ccacfa4377c\dxwebsetup.exe" /q'
    [1E18:3488][2018-09-27T22:16:09]e000: Error 0xfffffff7: Process returned error: 0xfffffff7

Please try to install it manually. You can download the setup from here:
    Download DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) from Official Microsoft Download Center

After installing it, run the MP2 installer again.

TonyR63

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Yes I installed DirectX manually and it made no difference and yes I read the Wiki but read nothing that explains why an install program would run to near the end and not be able to start the services it itself installed. I presume the error message about permissions is bogus so what is the issue?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The links to the files are in the log file behind the error.
    The links to the files are in the log file behind the error.
    I am trying to install MedaiPortal 2 in a fresh copy of Windows 10 Home, with all updates applied However I keep getting the...
    Replies
    Views
    I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own configuration tool you need to select "MediaPortal" as the output destination (or something like that). So this might be worth checking (just in case I have remembered it correctly). -- from CyberSimian in the UK
    I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own...
    Hello, I am a new MP user. I recently installed MP2.3 on a HTPC running Win 7 64 bit. I have an networked Silicon Dust HDHR3-US...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi. Probably you've done this too early or too much. I needed to install DX9 manually before I could install MP 2.3 on a clean Win 10 20H2 system. Some VC runtime are also needed to be installed manually before the installation finally works...
    Hi. Probably you've done this too early or too much. I needed to install DX9 manually before I could install MP 2.3 on a clean Win...
    Having issues installing MP 2.3 on an HP Probook G6 running Windows 10 20H2 build I had to install all the dependencies DX9 and...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello to all you, today after doing some more testing I could again confirm that the problem also appears when inserting an HDD (in my case a Western Digital 3GB PURTZ model) through a hot swap external SATA III tray. (I forgot to mention this case in my previous posts). The problem always appears 15 Secs aprox. after the connection...
    Hello to all you, today after doing some more testing I could again confirm that the problem also appears when inserting an HDD (in...
    Hello, I wish to all to stay healthy. MediaPortal 2.3.1 live tv freezes when inserting a usb memory stick or when mounting an...
    Replies
    Views
    Azzuro and doskabouter, got it working. Resetting the database worked. And after linking to the server via current IP and making a new db, I relinked to the original db and all settings were restored. Thanks again and Happy New Year to all!
    Azzuro and doskabouter, got it working. Resetting the database worked. And after linking to the server via current IP and making a...
    A couple weeks ago the TV server service stopped working. Not urgent, so waited till today to research it. Did an upgrade to 1.26...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom