Failed Setup (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Darbyshire

September 27, 2018
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
please help,i am trying to instal MediaPortal and no matter what i do i keep getting the same error message,any body any ideas,thanks iin advance

Attachments

• SNAG-0015.jpg
    SNAG-0015.jpg
    39.9 KB

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    please run the installer by executing the MP2-Setup-Logging.bat and post the log file from the setup (MP2-Setup_000_MainPackage.log).

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Thanks for the log!

The DirectX package is failing to install:
    [1E18:3488][2018-09-27T22:16:08]i301: Applying execute package: directx9, action: Install, path: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\3c8243734cf43dd7bb2332ba05b58ccacfa4377c\dxwebsetup.exe, arguments: '"C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\3c8243734cf43dd7bb2332ba05b58ccacfa4377c\dxwebsetup.exe" /q'
    [1E18:3488][2018-09-27T22:16:09]e000: Error 0xfffffff7: Process returned error: 0xfffffff7

Please try to install it manually. You can download the setup from here:
    Download DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) from Official Microsoft Download Center

After installing it, run the MP2 installer again.

TonyR63

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes I installed DirectX manually and it made no difference and yes I read the Wiki but read nothing that explains why an install program would run to near the end and not be able to start the services it itself installed. I presume the error message about permissions is bogus so what is the issue?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    To be fair the normal uninstall is usually more than sufficient. I regularly uninstall and reinstall MP 1 as part of the testing process and only very rarely have I needed to use the manual procedure posted by @CyberSimian to overcome the error you ran into. I also believe there is a procedure to repair the MySQL install in the event...
    To be fair the normal uninstall is usually more than sufficient. I regularly uninstall and reinstall MP 1 as part of the testing...
    I am trying to install Mediaportal with TV Server. I tried many versions, including current x64 and new prerelease x86, and...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    I don't organise my media in the way that you do, so I don't know whether MediaPortal provides the capability that you want. All that I can suggest is that you read this page in the MP Wiki and experiment to see if it will merge the separate folders to give you a unified view of the media. -- from CyberSimian in the UK
    I don't organise my media in the way that you do, so I don't know whether MediaPortal provides the capability that you want. All...
    Hi i have a collection of 9208(Still growing on a daily basis)) music videos(ripped in m2ts format from blu-rays) which are stored...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom