Features for MP-TV Series 2.0 :) (1 Viewer)

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    LOL!
    I was thinking more of meedio's concept. Where each plugin can be duplicated and have separate database.
    This allows you for better flexibility overall.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I don't think thats possible with MP' plugin architecture, is it?

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sounds more like a user based control system, so that each user can have a different config of MP... but this will be the sound of future for a long while I think... ;)

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And the idea was to load the information in English unless the show is a German original (like Edel & Starck or Berlin, Berlin).

Regards,
    nylonhof

I see. The question is how do I know it's a german original? There is no Country field. Also, the Edel&Strack entry on the DB is wrong, it's info is in german but under the english language (may I assume you did that so you would get the behaviour you want?)
    As I just had some spare time, I corrected the main entry (not the eps). :)

JonJon

Portal Member
    April 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi all, I'll be helping Inker out with updates from now on. We thought it would be good to get some feedback on an idea I had.

The idea is basically to enhance simple expression so that it is more flexible and would handle complex situations in a simple way. We're planning to do this in two ways:
    1/ Adding new tokens (such as optional and placeholders for junk text) and extra features linked to tokens (such as stop characters and number of digits to get)

for example:
    [DB]_<Series {_}>_<Episode {3}><Optional{-<Episode2 {3}>}><Optional{_Special}><WordChars>.<Extension>

would work for the following file names:
    [DB]_Bleach_59_[5DFB95BA].avi
    [DB]_Bleach_63_Special_[C70774F3].avi
    [DB]_Bleach_75-76_Special_[31E39A56].avi
    [DB]_Bleach_52-53_[069BE2EB].avi

2/ Adding a small form to help users to construct expressions.

I've built a prototype (originally was used to create regex expressions for me) so if you feel brave enough to use it download the zip which has the exe (as it is a prototype it is a rough and dirty program so you might find some quirks. If you plan to use the build make sure that regex is selected as the type before you click the build button), otherwise there are some screenshots you can look at and comment on.

Some things I'm curious about are,
    - Do you think if we implement the idea that simple expression will still be simple
    - Should we have other tokens that you feel we are missing
    - Do you like the build expression button in the same column as the expression or would you prefer a single button on the side?
    - Any other comments

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sounds like a good idea for the "normal" user, but since I study this stuff I cannot say that I'm a "normal" one. ;)

Vaaish

Portal Member
    June 19, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This has probably already been mentioned but, the ability to best guess the season and episode number from Series name and Episode name.

havix

Portal Member
    July 28, 2006
    I don't understand why you MP guys haven't used Binary64's logic for his "Smart Series Sorter". Then you could get rid of all this regex rubbish you have to keep training people to use. "Smart Series Sorter" can parse many different file naming conventions including dates in the newest meedio plugin. Now that it's open source you can download it and port it over and make this much easier for the end user and the people supporting them. :)

https://meedios.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/meedios/plugins/binary64/SmartSeriesSorter

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Can you describe the theory behind it? I have never used the Meedios plugin.

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Canada
    G.B Wolf. I bought my widescreen early.
    Changed to the B2W thta comes with 1.0 as you suggested. I confess I like the newer look. But the fonts on the menu for each show or season. Man I must be getting old, I can't read them. they appear fuzzy and out of focus...ya I know..more beer..I am wondeirng if I have configured the devcie wrong. Perhaps have fonts setup wrong or something.

At this rate I will need glasses for sure.
    But wide screen is cooool...drool

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom