Features for MP-TV Series 2.0 :) (1 Viewer)

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
Thanks G.B Wolf.
I am buying a widescreen this weekend. Would it be a good idea if I simply moved to the wide screen format skin and then use that update if one is avaiaible

ShAddiX

Portal Member
June 24, 2007
The idea of a background/artwork is just great! Can't wait for it (and to make the first backrounds for some series! :) )

Just another idea:
Would it be possible to have a realtime preview of the video instead of a screenshot?
Or had it to be in Media Portal? GameEx has real time previews which is very nice.
You choose a series and can directly see a short part of this video in the information window.

But concentrate on the backround idea for now, it will improve the whole look ;)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Would be good if the plugin could auto generate thumbnails and use them when remote ones are not available.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Just another idea:
    Would it be possible to have a realtime preview of the video instead of a screenshot?
    Or had it to be in Media Portal? GameEx has real time previews which is very nice.
    You choose a series and can directly see a short part of this video in the information window.
    No, don't think thats possible. Well I guess I could start an episode/or a random one when hovering over it without going to fullscreen. But what you mean I think is to display moving thumbnails for all episodes in a list. Anyways, no, not in the near future.

Would be good if the plugin could auto generate thumbnails and use them when remote ones are not available.

I don't like autogenerated thumbnails. You're more than likely to get some random scenes which is meaningless, or even worse, a big spoiler. It will probably also discorage ppl from making their own and sharing it. Maybe optionally later, but not for now. Instead, create a couple of good ones for your favourite episodes/series and upload them so everybody can enjoy.

EgoManiac

Portal Member
    April 11, 2007
    Home Country
    a small suggestion, in the text listing of seasons, would it be possible to have the season banner as the thumbnail like the screencaps for episode listing (or is this already possible?) in the list of seasons.

the banner might be to small to see anything but it just seems a bit plain with nothing.

Hey Inker,

I suggested this earlier in the thread but there was no responses. I was just wondering about your thoughts to this?

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Yes, if I don't forget. But I'm not sure how good it'll look.

EgoManiac

Portal Member
    April 11, 2007
    Home Country
    yea you are probably right, it wouldn't look too good. Maybe a option to show or not to show would be good so people have a choice.

It can be the lowest priority thing :)

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks G.B Wolf.
    I am buying a widescreen this weekend. Would it be a good idea if I simply moved to the wide screen format skin and then use that update if one is avaiaible
    Currently there is a working skinfile for B2W created by mirk delivered with the zip and I'll upload my version today if I won't forget it. ;)

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    i would love to be able to run multiple instances of this plugin, which could be hooked up with different databases.
    Let's say "My TV Series", "My Wifes TV Series" etc..
    Essentially I would love to be able to copy TV series DLL as many times as required.. It's name would come from the DLL name, not hardcoded plugin name.
    Then if I would have 3 copies of this plugin, I would love to be able to specify separately per instance which database this particular instance would be using.
    This way the plugin would show up let's say 3 times in configuration, and I would have 3 entries in the menu.

What do you say Inker? Up for challenge?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i would love to be able to run multiple instances of this plugin, which could be hooked up with different databases.
    Let's say "My TV Series", "My Wifes TV Series" etc..
    Essentially I would love to be able to copy TV series DLL as many times as required.. It's name would come from the DLL name, not hardcoded plugin name.
    Then if I would have 3 copies of this plugin, I would love to be able to specify separately per instance which database this particular instance would be using.
    This way the plugin would show up let's say 3 times in configuration, and I would have 3 entries in the menu.

What do you say Inker? Up for challenge?

How about having the ability to create multiple favourites instead?

Setup would need to have the ability to add Views (and distinguish if its a favourite view) and the plugin with-in media-portal would need the ability to pick up your favourite views and list them in the context menu so you can add series to one or the other (Husband and Wife favourite).

This way you can still share the same database, and not worry about the additional network overhead when scanning.

Shame on you for not watching shows with your wife :)

Damien

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom