Feedback on 1.2 music changes | Page 14

Discussion in 'Listen Music' started by jameson_uk, April 29, 2011.

1. jameson_uk
    • Team MediaPortal

jameson_uk Retired Team Member

Data Warehousing Consultant
    Ratings:
    +2,403 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    yes this is annoying but unfortunately something that will probably have to wait until 1.3 (I have a plan for this ;))

IMHO play should always interrupt the current track. If no how could you decide you do not like the current track and want to play something else? Whether enter/ok queues tracks is an option in config ;) The select multiple tracks option though means setting this up would stop you being able to press enter/ok to start playback of a track and continue through the folder (you can press play on the folder though)

I have tried and tried but can not reproduce this (but as above I did see something similar last week). If anyone can figure out whether this is a problem and how to replicate I would be very interested.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mbuzina
    • Team MediaPortal

mbuzina Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 4
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    The same is true for me. I just had to get used to the fact that pressing Enter on a single song would still be a Multiple Items play.

When enqueing I would not expect it to go to now playing. With Y I would allways stay where I am or (config option maybe?) go to the playlist (sorting and removing indivudal entries again). That is why it would be very comfortable to have a 2nd option to choose where MP jumps to when enqueing.

OK, I will wait for it. You can get used to the fact, so no big deal. But as an advanced media center, MP should have a notification system anyway (at least MP II).

Well if I do not like the current song, I just press Next on my remote ;)
    The use case I have for that (thats why I asked it to be an option) is for not interrupting the playback. But it just icing on top, enqueue should be enough.

:D sure they will, but they will do that anyhow (if you target overall acceptance, don't change anything). What is so confusing about that? Just put "Current Playlist", "New Playlist" or "[Name] Playlist" in the Title and it should be clear. You could even have a config option to select which playlist should be visible when starting MP. Last, Current or New, default to Current and you have (pun intended) the current state.

4. mbuzina
    • Team MediaPortal

mbuzina Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 4
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi jameson

One last thing: When I use your patched core.dll I get crashes when retrieving Movie (!) infos from IMDB with F3. I just wanted you to know that, probably just inconsistencies due to different SVN versions being mixed.

I am wainting for RC, since music behaviour will be much improved with your new version.

5. Jeditrav

Jeditrav Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi. Have just started testing this patch - thank you for your efforts, this hard-core playlist person will provide feedback as it comes to mind.

Firstly, I use an IRTrans remote and am trying to map the 'Add to Playlist' action you mention to the remote. In the IRTrans section in the remote configuration section, when I press the 'Mapping' button, the MediaPortal configuration crashes. Works fine when I restore the original files; crashes using your patch files. No error log files are created. The configuration log (attached) shows a lot of errors about input devices - perhaps that will help.

Cheers!

6. jameson_uk
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +2,403 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    This is something that has changed since beta. You need to open your config file and edit manually for now.

Look for
    Code (Text):
    1.             <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="605" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="80" sound="click.wav" />
    2.             <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="606" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="80" sound="click.wav" />
    and delete those lines and then it should work

7. Jeditrav

Jeditrav Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I removed those lines from the IrTrans mediacenter.xml file. I assume that is the config file you were talking about.

The MP Configuration still crashes when I press the 'Mapping' button.

I have attached the edited IrTrans mediacenter.xml file.

Cheers.

Attached Files:

8. jameson_uk
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +2,403 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Remove the following:
    Code (Text):
    1.         <button name="Messenger" code="messenger">
    2.             <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="WINDOW" cmdproperty="32" sound="click.wav" />
    3.         </button>
    This is a different issue with old remote mappings and latest SVN not related to music.

9. Jeditrav

Jeditrav Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I removed those lines and pressing the 'Mapping' button in IRTrans config no longer crashes the configuration - thanks.

I have tried mapping the 'Add to Playlist' action to the 'Record' button on my remote (replacing the 'Import Disc' action) - unfortunately, when using the 'Record' button to 'Add to Playlist', nothing gets added. Using the 'Record' button to 'Add to Playlist' on Album or Track, in Shares or Database views, doesn't work for me. I've tried using 'Playlist screen shows current playlist' option both ticked and unticked - doesn't work. Could you please detail exactly how this should be set up?

10. jameson_uk
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +2,403 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Should be nothing to setup other than the mapping :confused:

Can you post your current remote mapping file and post debug logs as this should work

Edit: Indeed I have just mapped a keyboard shortcut to R in music database view. With the show current playlist option turned off then each time I highlight a track and press R it adds it to the playlist (whether or not the playlist is playing). For me this is working whether or not music is playing and whether not I select a folder (in which case it adds the whole folder) or a track.

Can you try with a keyboard mapping to check this is not a remote issue?

11. Der_Bub
    • Premium Supporter

Der_Bub MP Donator

Ratings:
    +60 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Is this patch file not compatible (anylonger) to (current 27992) SVN?

Get some error applying it ...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!