Feedback on 1.2 music changes (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Attachments

• music_1.2_v5.patch
      99.6 KB

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What are these .patch files and how are they used? I've just been taking the .zip file and replacing current files with the files in the .zip - is the .patch file required?

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have tried mapping the 'Add to Playlist' action to the 'Record' button on my remote (replacing the 'Import Disc' action) - unfortunately, when using the 'Record' button to 'Add to Playlist', nothing gets added. Using the 'Record' button to 'Add to Playlist' on Album or Track, in Shares or Database views, doesn't work for me. I've tried using 'Playlist screen shows current playlist' option both ticked and unticked - doesn't work. Could you please detail exactly how this should be set up?

Should be nothing to setup other than the mapping :confused:

Can you post your current remote mapping file and post debug logs as this should work

Edit: Indeed I have just mapped a keyboard shortcut to R in music database view. With the show current playlist option turned off then each time I highlight a track and press R it adds it to the playlist (whether or not the playlist is playing). For me this is working whether or not music is playing and whether not I select a folder (in which case it adds the whole folder) or a track.

Can you try with a keyboard mapping to check this is not a remote issue?

Finally got it going. Turns out, in the config, the 'Window' has to be set to 'My Music Genre' to get it to work in Database view. Perhaps, 'My Music Genre' in the window listings should be changed to 'My Music Database' to avoid confusion.

I have the 'Jump to' setting as 'Now Playing (if multiple items)'. If nothing is currently playing & I press 'Record' with an Album highlighted to add to a playlist I'm working on, then it jumps to the Now Playing screen, but with nothing playing. I can see something similar happening if I have something playing that is not part of the currently being worked on playlist. Perhaps the 'Jump To' setting should not apply when 'adding to playlist'?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Finally got it going. Turns out, in the config, the 'Window' has to be set to 'My Music Genre' to get it to work in Database view. Perhaps, 'My Music Genre' in the window listings should be changed to 'My Music Database' to avoid confusion.
    Ah yes and indeed that is something that we would like to sort out in 1.3. This is a handover of old code and the screen is actually called music genres (and shares view is called music files). We have cleaned this up a lot to remove some redundant windows (this is what was breaking your remote config) but the names you see are based on the name in the code so we can not change that without a lot of code changes. We are planning to add a nice name in 1.3 so it will show as "Music - Database Views" or something that will actually make sense

I have the 'Jump to' setting as 'Now Playing (if multiple items)'. If nothing is currently playing & I press 'Record' with an Album highlighted to add to a playlist I'm working on, then it jumps to the Now Playing screen, but with nothing playing. I can see something similar happening if I have something playing that is not part of the currently being worked on playlist. Perhaps the 'Jump To' setting should not apply when 'adding to playlist'?
    Yeah it should not apply when adding to playlist. I will look at this tonight

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Has anyone reported a crash in the music player 1.20b? While in the middle of a song I can occasionally have a Windows crash dialog appear and the song repeats the last 5 seconds over and over. I've checked the logs but don't see anything related.

Clicking the Close button appears to close mediaportal but it's still loaded in the processes, and need to use Task Manager to kill before it wilkl reload.

Can I help debug this?

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I'm not very firm with those trunk/SVN things, but do I see rigth that the changes are already in the current SVN, except the new Action?

:)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Hello,

I'm not very firm with those trunk/SVN things, but do I see rigth that the changes are already in the current SVN, except the new Action?

:)

The last patch (plus a little tweak) is in SVN now (including the action) :D

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Has anyone reported a crash in the music player 1.20b? While in the middle of a song I can occasionally have a Windows crash dialog appear and the song repeats the last 5 seconds over and over. I've checked the logs but don't see anything related.

Clicking the Close button appears to close mediaportal but it's still loaded in the processes, and need to use Task Manager to kill before it wilkl reload.

Can I help debug this?

Please create a thread in the bug report forum and add logs. Not seen this myself.

Users who are viewing this thread