Feedback on 1.2 music changes (2 Viewers)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    How on earth can you compile a playlist now in 1.2? It is necessary to listen to a track before adding it, but it seems this is inow mpossible. It use to work in 1.1 and earlier. It's now not usable.

I did had the same Problem, but it was only a configuration problem ... a few threads up

Seems that after updating to 1.2 it went back to "default" and have to set again :mad:

As above yes, untick this
    playlist.png

and it will go back to how it was. This should not have changed between RC and final versions on upgrade though

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Feedback on 1.2 music changes

But the Playlist handling must be improved in 1.3. Now this not so good. But how we can find the right way ? Is there an idea from the Mediaportal Team ?
    Not yet no... From your list you are missing a few things which equal numbers of people complain about.

Queue All Items (both to current and selected playlist)
    Play item next (or insert next into selected playlist)
    Play all items next (eg. insert all tracks on an album into a playlist)

Then you also want to add to a playlist which does not exist yet. Basically the plan you have here is what players like mediamonkey / winamp do but this works well because of the mouse control. These sub-menus you have shown are not supported in MP and I am not sure it can be done that easily.

Also you have the issue of how you show different playlists. Currently in MP there is only a single playlist screen so you can not see both the current playlist and one you might be building (only one or the other)

Also last time I asked about this many people were complaining about the number of extra key presses to add to playlist ;)

We will do something in 1.3 but as you can see this is quite difficult to achieve in MP with a remote and still be relatively simple to use.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Feedback on 1.2 music changes

The missing Items should not deleted, this means the ... The entrys in the contexmenu are good, now. The Send to Playlist should only comleted this.

But is a Sub Menu not availlable ? Because in the Fullscreen-TV menu it is possible, Perhaps you open the contextmenu you see Teletext, Program, Tonspur etc. And perhaps you select Tonspur you get an submenu with Dolby Digital and Stereo. So in this way the "Send to Playlist" should work.

Contextmenu:
    Tonspur = Send to Playlist

Submenu
    Doby Digital = 1.Playlist
    Stereo = 2. Playlist
    .... = 3. Playlist
    ---- = New playlist (Maybe, when not possible not so bad)

Or it should work like the MOD for Online Lookup in StreamedMP. Do you known it ?
    WQhen you press the right button in the Contexmenu you see option to search on a website for the selected Items. This screen could contains the Playlist, perhaps you push left button in the contexmenu to open the Playlists

I hope you understand my idea.

Attachments

• 20-30-26.png
      20-30-26.png
      422.7 KB

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Der_Bub, I'll give that a go.

One other thing we find annoying is if I load a playlist, add one song to the end of the playlist, then click Save, it doesn't default to the name of the playlist. You have to enter the filename again which takes some time using a remote.

Perhaps the author could have a look at changing that back to how it was in 1.1.

Cheers.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello jameson

I read in our wiki about Music 1.2 that:
    Use ID3 tags setting has been removed because.....

Perhaps you wish to complete the sentence? :)
    If it was removed, shouldn't the corresponding setting also be removed in MP settings GUI?

About the MP music settings, what's up with the Delete album button? I've tried selecting an album to delete but nothing seems to happen. And why is there an IMDB button at the top left? :)

Attachments

• DeleteAlbum.jpg
      DeleteAlbum.jpg
      130.1 KB

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    How on earth can you compile a playlist now in 1.2? It is necessary to listen to a track before adding it, but it seems this is inow mpossible. It use to work in 1.1 and earlier. It's now not usable.
    I did had the same Problem, but it was only a configuration problem ... a few threads up

Seems that after updating to 1.2 it went back to "default" and have to set again :mad:

As above yes, untick this
    View attachment 90757

and it will go back to how it was. This should not have changed between RC and final versions on upgrade though

I unticked this checkbox and it is better but there is a trick to it. If I'm listening to a song and press the Info button on the remote, it doesn't add the track to the playlist. You need to stop play before the Info button works. I don't see the logic in that. But at least now we can add tracks to a playlist if we remember to stop play first. I've missed adding a few tracks to a playlist recently because I must have forgotten to stop play. Hopefully this can also be addressed.

Cheers.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I unticked this checkbox and it is better but there is a trick to it. If I'm listening to a song and press the Info button on the remote, it doesn't add the track to the playlist. You need to stop play before the Info button works. I don't see the logic in that. But at least now we can add tracks to a playlist if we remember to stop play first. I've missed adding a few tracks to a playlist recently because I must have forgotten to stop play. Hopefully this can also be addressed.

Cheers.
    I can't replicate so I think you have missed a step here?

If I play a track (either from playlist or not) then press i on remote on any track I get the "add to playlist" option. Selecting this does indeed add this to the playlist whether or not something is playing.

Just tested on two machines and get the same results. Is there anything that might affect this (plugins or tweaks you have made ?)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just checked it again and it doesn't work here. I'm not using any 3rd party MP plugins, only a Winamp DSP plugin. While a song is playing, pressing i does nothing at all. Normally the selection moves down to the next track. I click Stop, then press i, and it does move down to the next track, and I see the track in the playlist. Strange the same doesn't occur for you.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Just checked it again and it doesn't work here. I'm not using any 3rd party MP plugins, only a Winamp DSP plugin. While a song is playing, pressing i does nothing at all. Normally the selection moves down to the next track. I click Stop, then press i, and it does move down to the next track, and I see the track in the playlist. Strange the same doesn't occur for you.

Can you attach logs please. Using debug mode in start menu
    • Open MP
    • Wait 20 seconds for all the startup stuff to finish
    • Play a track
    • Press i on remote
    • Stop track
    • Press i on remote
    • Close MP

And I will have a look

Users who are viewing this thread