[Help Me!] Feedback on Windows Server 2k8R2 (1 Viewer)

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
February 4, 2009
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

it would be great if anyone with a working Windows Server setup could give us feedback whether the service installer works or not!

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you are using 0.4.2 or newer, the installer will probably work but there is one additional question: can you attach your logs? Or more specifically, does the file LoggingFailure.log exist in the log directory (C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\Logs), and with which contents?

(This is because there is an issue with NLog on WHS 2011, causing it to fail to read it's configuration properly. In 0.4.2 I added a workaround which disabled logging so that the service actually works, but that doesn't solve the underlying issue. We'd like to solve it but these server operating systems aren't very easy to debug due to the fact that none of us have Visual Studio installed on it).

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,

I 've got SBS2008. Installation works fine.
    Let me know if you are interested in logs from SBS2008 machine (not R2)

Groeten,
    Bas

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, that would be very much appreciated!

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Feedback on Windows Server 2k8R2

Hi,

I just installed MPExtended Services and WebMediaPortal (IIS Express) 0.42 on Server 2008 R2. I encountered no problem except that I had to manually open the firewall for incomming traffic on port 4322 and 8080. The mentioned LoggingFailure.log does not exist (but there are some other log-files).

GeorgeIoak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2006
    Antelope, California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've got it installed on WHS2011, had a few minor bumps (like the firewall port opening) but it seems to be running. Is there a way to blend in the old TV4Home interface into the WHS2011 LaunchPad?

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's possible but it is a feature which is basically on the bottom of our roadmap(or may be a bit deeper :D ) since neither of us has a WHS setup running.

In the long run i'm still interested in such an interface but there are many more pressing things like a windows client for tv.

GeorgeIoak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2006
    Antelope, California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I downloaded the TV4Home source and tried to configure it for a compile so I could play around a bit but I never could get it to compile successfully. Got any good advice on what all I have to have loaded on the development PC to get it to compile?

Users who are viewing this thread