ffdshow version (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

For the development of the ffdshow installation wizard, which version should we be installing? Standard, SSE or SSE2? Or should it be user selectable?

gabbe

Portal Pro
August 8, 2004
Sweden
Hi, it depends on what cpu You have.
P4 (not the oldest?) and AMD64 can use SSE2
PIII, (oldest P4??) and AMD XP can use SSE
Other should use std fddshow.

Best is to use a sse / sse2 detecting algoritm and choose there after. But I think the user should be able to override the choise.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    why not make it manually selectable with default as standard.
    And explain in the installer what the other choices r for?

ofcourse, autodetect would be fine to.

gabbe

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2004
    Sweden
    From this link http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/sseintro.asp?select=568493&df=100&forumid=16168&exp=0
    Detection of SSE Support
    SSE instructions may be used if they are supported by the processor. The Visual C++ CPUID sample [4] shows how to detect support of the SSE, MMX and other processor features. It is done using the cpuid Assembly command. See details in this sample and in the Intel Software manuals [1].
    SSETest Demo Project
    http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/sseintro.asp?select=568493&df=100&forumid=16168&exp=0

And here is somethin about cpuid

http://www.paradicesoftware.com/specs/cpuid/index.htm

But use only any detection to present a choise for the user. He must be able to override it with an other ffdshow version or even cancel an installation of it.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Found a prefect sample to use. (c++)
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...99-3e005872c1be/debugging_crt_debug_cpuid.exe

C:\temp\Debug>cpuid.exe
    v_name: GenuineIntel
    model: Unknown
    family: 6
    model: 13
    stepping: 6
    feature: 00000007
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_MMX
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_SSE
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_SSE2
    no _CPU_FEATURE_3DNOW
    os_support: 00000007
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_MMX
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_SSE
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_SSE2
    no _CPU_FEATURE_3DNOW
    checks: 0000000f

Can some one convert this to dll or COM?

/ac

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP client. MP 1.33 will have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both the MP client and TV Server. My understanding is that it will not be possible to perform an upgrade install from a 64-bit client + 32-bit TV...
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP...
    This is on a windows 11 latest rev OS: This particular component has been very frustrating. I'm a new potential user, trying to...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    This plugin is alternate version to the original World Weather plugin developed by @Micropolis. Is compatible with MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom