ffdshow version (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

For the development of the ffdshow installation wizard, which version should we be installing? Standard, SSE or SSE2? Or should it be user selectable?

gabbe

Portal Pro
August 8, 2004
Sweden
Hi, it depends on what cpu You have.
P4 (not the oldest?) and AMD64 can use SSE2
PIII, (oldest P4??) and AMD XP can use SSE
Other should use std fddshow.

Best is to use a sse / sse2 detecting algoritm and choose there after. But I think the user should be able to override the choise.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    why not make it manually selectable with default as standard.
    And explain in the installer what the other choices r for?

ofcourse, autodetect would be fine to.

gabbe

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2004
    Sweden
    From this link http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/sseintro.asp?select=568493&df=100&forumid=16168&exp=0
    Detection of SSE Support
    SSE instructions may be used if they are supported by the processor. The Visual C++ CPUID sample [4] shows how to detect support of the SSE, MMX and other processor features. It is done using the cpuid Assembly command. See details in this sample and in the Intel Software manuals [1].
    SSETest Demo Project
    http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/sseintro.asp?select=568493&df=100&forumid=16168&exp=0

And here is somethin about cpuid

http://www.paradicesoftware.com/specs/cpuid/index.htm

But use only any detection to present a choise for the user. He must be able to override it with an other ffdshow version or even cancel an installation of it.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Found a prefect sample to use. (c++)
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...99-3e005872c1be/debugging_crt_debug_cpuid.exe

C:\temp\Debug>cpuid.exe
    v_name: GenuineIntel
    model: Unknown
    family: 6
    model: 13
    stepping: 6
    feature: 00000007
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_MMX
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_SSE
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_SSE2
    no _CPU_FEATURE_3DNOW
    os_support: 00000007
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_MMX
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_SSE
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_SSE2
    no _CPU_FEATURE_3DNOW
    checks: 0000000f

Can some one convert this to dll or COM?

/ac

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The installer is built with NSIS. I don't think that there is a silent install. I am currently finishing some work on MPTagThat 2 and will make a silent installer there. If you are interested to test, let me know.
    The installer is built with NSIS. I don't think that there is a silent install. I am currently finishing some work on MPTagThat 2...
    Hi all, Hello @hwahrmann, I have a question to the installation of MPTagThat (3.18 /MPTagThat 2 beta). Can someone tell me from...
    Replies
    Views
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be displayed in that application. This does not happen with MP2. If I try to open a .ts file (or any other video file type associated with Media Portal) rather than displaying the recording it merely opens...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 recording video DE
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button. Doesn't always work though, my guess is it won't on protected vids but it is the only thing I have found other than the excellent download capability of Online Videos when available.
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button...
    so really looking for an open source program that will record streams on the computer. not really found one that works well yet...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks ge2301. Appreciated. Unfortunately, the much later version of .NET installed did not allow me to manually reinstall 4.71. What I ended up doing is uninstalling the (unsuccessful and inoperable MP2 2.4) program again and deleted all the temp files in my Windows Users AppData Temp directory plus any other redundant data in the...
    Thanks ge2301. Appreciated. Unfortunately, the much later version of .NET installed did not allow me to manually reinstall 4.71...
    I have used the MP2 2.2.2 client and server successfully for quite some time on my HTPC and several previous versions over the...
    Replies
    Views
    To ge2301, I have now updated both my systems successfully as you suggested. I have only ever had a couple of significant problems with Mediaportal2 and both have been fixed quickly by forum members. I am very impressed by both the forum and the quality of the Mediaportal2 package. Keep up the good work and thank you to all that...
    To ge2301, I have now updated both my systems successfully as you suggested. I have only ever had a couple of significant problems...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom