ffdshow version (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

For the development of the ffdshow installation wizard, which version should we be installing? Standard, SSE or SSE2? Or should it be user selectable?

gabbe

Portal Pro
August 8, 2004
Sweden
Hi, it depends on what cpu You have.
P4 (not the oldest?) and AMD64 can use SSE2
PIII, (oldest P4??) and AMD XP can use SSE
Other should use std fddshow.

Best is to use a sse / sse2 detecting algoritm and choose there after. But I think the user should be able to override the choise.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    why not make it manually selectable with default as standard.
    And explain in the installer what the other choices r for?

ofcourse, autodetect would be fine to.

gabbe

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2004
    Sweden
    From this link http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/sseintro.asp?select=568493&df=100&forumid=16168&exp=0
    Detection of SSE Support
    SSE instructions may be used if they are supported by the processor. The Visual C++ CPUID sample [4] shows how to detect support of the SSE, MMX and other processor features. It is done using the cpuid Assembly command. See details in this sample and in the Intel Software manuals [1].
    SSETest Demo Project
    http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/sseintro.asp?select=568493&df=100&forumid=16168&exp=0

And here is somethin about cpuid

http://www.paradicesoftware.com/specs/cpuid/index.htm

But use only any detection to present a choise for the user. He must be able to override it with an other ffdshow version or even cancel an installation of it.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Found a prefect sample to use. (c++)
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...99-3e005872c1be/debugging_crt_debug_cpuid.exe

C:\temp\Debug>cpuid.exe
    v_name: GenuineIntel
    model: Unknown
    family: 6
    model: 13
    stepping: 6
    feature: 00000007
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_MMX
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_SSE
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_SSE2
    no _CPU_FEATURE_3DNOW
    os_support: 00000007
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_MMX
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_SSE
    yes _CPU_FEATURE_SSE2
    no _CPU_FEATURE_3DNOW
    checks: 0000000f

Can some one convert this to dll or COM?

/ac

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification of the film, IMDBURL is just unnecessary information that will clutter the database.
    How do you check it? And why keep it when we have an IMDBID in the database - it's almost 100% guaranteed accurate identification...
    While we are chatting, now get mad, you know that I said I would refactor the database to get rid of any redundancies. I've done...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I have a running MP2 Server/Client in my living room (with a slightly older Version), and now I wanted to setup a client only system in the kids room. So I installed MP2.3.2 Client only an a fresh installed Windows10 Pro machine. On 1st start it seems to work normally for like a minute (or even less) and then freezes. Clicking...
    Hi, I have a running MP2 Server/Client in my living room (with a slightly older Version), and now I wanted to setup a client only...
    Hi, I have a running MP2 Server/Client in my living room (with a slightly older Version), and now I wanted to setup a client only...
    Replies
    Views
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    Welcome aboard! I'm also new here c: And yep, we have wiki for answers :D
    Welcome aboard! I'm also new here c: And yep, we have wiki for answers :D
    Hi All, I have been a WMC user for many years and have now decided to try something new. I tried Kodi but decided against it as...
    Replies
    Views
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch Mediaportal log to Debug level [MP1-5082] - Error when MP restart [MP1-5086] - XMLTV Import error - An item with the same key has already been added. Since Pre-Release : [MP1-5089] - MpurlSourceSplitter...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom