FilmInfo+ - A german movie details scraper with auto grouping (3 Viewers)

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So, have found a way to get the Original Plot Summary if there is no German Summary available.
    Attached is the new Version of FilmInfo+.

Hope this is okay and helpfull.

Attachments

• FilmInfo_V1.3.9.zip
      13.9 KB

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks man that sounds good. That means that it falls back to the englisch summary? It would be great when we could have a second or third optional site like filmstarts.de for the summary, when the first has no information.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks man that sounds good. That means that it falls back to the englisch summary? It would be great when we could have a second or third optional site like filmstarts.de for the summary, when the first has no information.

Yes, it uses the Summary from imdb.com if no German Version is available.
    Right now i am just doing Trial and Error, so i cannot say what is possible. There is a section for filmstarts.de in the Code but i have no idea if that works right now.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There are many bugs or outdated functions in the file. We should really have an expert to fix them. Pity but it looks like that nobody can help us :(

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There are many bugs or outdated functions in the file. We should really have an expert to fix them. Pity but it looks like that nobody can help us :(

I wouldn´t say that :)[DOUBLEPOST=1450377552][/DOUBLEPOST]So, i had contact with @Merlyn and he would be happy if his Project gets a helping Hand while he cannot work on it. So i will try to work on some Problems...

Attached is a new Version:
    v1.4.0
    When Writers are loaded from IMDB, there is no longer HTML Code shown right to the Writer´s Name.

Please Test it and let me know if it works as i hope.

Attachments

• FilmInfo_V1.4.0.zip
      14.1 KB
    Last edited:

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I wouldn´t say that :)

The file from Merlyn was ment which has some bugs or some things did never work.

So, i had contact with @Merlyn and he would be happy if his Project gets a helping Hand while he cannot work on it. So i will try to work on some Problems...

Attached is a new Version:
    v1.4.0
    When Writers are loaded from IMDB, there is no longer HTML Code shown right to the Writer´s Name.

Please Test it and let me know if it works as i hope.

I gave it a try and i couldn't find a html code problem, it seems to be ok.
    In the writers section it can be that one person appears two times (writer and the story is the same person) and after the names is a space followed by three dots and sometimes also the word and. Try to import Hitman: Agent 47 (tt2679042) and you will know what I mean.
    Also some category names are wrong imported. MovPic can not show the category image e. g. "Kinder-/Familienfilm" because you can't store filenames that consist a character "/". In my case I edited the genre section that it should be imported as "Kinder- & Familienfilm" but it doesn't work.
    The summary section is working with the fallback to English. At the moment I think it is importing first from ofdb than from imdb but it would be great when it is importing first from ofdb then filmstarts and then imdb.

So that's all what I could recognize and when you could fix that all I'd be forever grateful.[/quote]

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will use this Post to keep all Updates together.
    Happy Testing :)

You can enable or disable the use of OFDBGW Mirrors. In my case they do not work most of the Time so by default they are disabled now. (This should also speed up the Import)
    Directors Import from IMDB is working again.

IMDB Score was not Imported. This is fixed.

The English IMDB Tagline is only Imported if there is no German Summary available.

Remove unwanted Textparts from OFDB.de Summary (currently this does not work on OFDBGW Server, so if the Importer found the Movie on this Server the "cleaning" will not work. You can see the Source of Summary in the Logfile.
    Include ability to get and insert the Movie Release Date from IMDB.
    Fixed Genre Renaming. The old List at the Beginning of this File is obsolete and not used anymore. Look at the near End of the File for the new List and change it as you want.

Fixed Matching on Filmstarts. They use different Code on Search Results...
    Re-enabled another Fix for different Release-Years between OFDB and Filmstarts.
    With this, the Year can differ for 1 Year. This needs more Testing, please Report Errors.

I also noticed that a mass Update of many Movies gives a lot of wrong Movie Details. So check the Results and if possible update just one Movie after another. Send false Findings back to the Importer will help in most cases.

German Summary from Filmstarts.de is back!
    Another Fix against the visible HTML Code when Writers are loaded from IMDB.com

Original English Plot Summary if there is no German Summary available.

Attachments

• FilmInfo_V1.4.1.zip
      14.3 KB
    • FilmInfo_V1.4.4.zip
      14.7 KB
    • FilmInfo_V1.4.5.zip
      15.4 KB
    • FilmInfo_V1.4.6.zip
      15.5 KB
    • FilmInfo_V1.4.7.zip
      15.5 KB
    • FilmInfo_V1.4.8.zip
      15.7 KB
    Last edited:

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    German Summary from Filmstarts.de is back!
    Another Fix against the visible HTML Code when Writers are loaded from IMDB.com

The summary importing is still scraping in English language first even a german summary exists (at least with "Hitman: Agent 47").
    The HTML Code is gone now (y) Only the multiple name fix is missing.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The summary importing is still scraping in English language first even a german summary exists (at least with "Hitman: Agent 47").
    The HTML Code is gone now (y) Only the multiple name fix is missing.

Grml. Filmstart used on all Movies i have seen just Numbers to Identify the Movie Details. Here, they use Numbers and other Signs. Great.
    Have to look into that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom