infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Info Box when starting new thread

Adding such a box is realy easy. just added one to the testteam forum

I have created the code to add such a info box to this forum.

only td and div class has to be altered and whole code to be copied to right place in newthread template.

Code:
    <tr>
    	<td class="panelsurround">
    <div class="panel">
    [b]<font size="4">Important:</font>[/b]

<ul>
    [*]before you start a support topic read the
    [url="http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com"]manual[/url].
    [*]if you start a support topic use
    [url="https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=2766"]this template[/url]
    [*]if you start a bugreport use
    [url="https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=6444"]this template[/url]
    [*]<font color="#FF0000">ALWAYS attach logs to your bugreports! </br>Upload them to
    [url="http://mp.pastebin.com"]pastebin[/url] and add the link to your topic.</font>
    [/list]

If you do not follow this advice your post will be ignored or deleted.
    	</td>
    </tr>

luke

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Until i get a chance to talk to frodo about moving the forums to vb, i'm not going to add any more mods to this forum. it'll stay phpbb 2.0.x vanilla. I'm tired of having to readd every mod everytime they upgrade the software.

I'll try and get with frodo this week to start the talks of moving the forum over to vb.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    luke said:
    I'm tired of having to readd every mod everytime they upgrade the software.
    but you will have to do that also with vbulletin!

after every update you must reset (nearly) all templates and redo the modifications.

vbulletin has a plugin system, but when you install a plugin the templates were altered in most cases. so you have to uninstall and install them too.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One idea would be to indicate (in the support forums) that an issue has been solved. The star rating in "Rate this Thread" might be used for that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread