FRITZ!Box Manager - English forum (1 Viewer)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: FRITZ!Box Manager - English forum

Hi horned_reaper and thank you for you effort.

I have an old version of Fritz!Box (firmware version 08.04.49) and phonebook synchronization does not work.
    I wonder if the plugin can operate in two modes for the address, the new and the old one (phonebook in xml file).

Thank you again.

Bye,
    Nephilim

Hi Nephilim,

which FRITZ!Box model do you have? Is there a firmware update?

Cheers
    Manuel

Hi horned_reaper,
    thanks for your reply.

The model is Fritz!Box Fon WLAN, without number. I think i have the first version.
    No firmware update.
    Any chance?

Bye,
    Nephilim

I plan to make the phone book editable in FRITZ!Box config. Meanwhile you only can manually add the attached file to the MediaPortal config folder and edit it. However it's uncomfortable.

Attachments

• FRITZ!Box Manager Phone Book.xml
      1 KB

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: FRITZ!Box Manager - English forum

New release 0.4.4403:
    New features:
    - added phone number count to "Edit phone book" screen

Fixed bugs:
    - display errors on "Edit phone book" screen:
    . - wrong phone number type
    . - empty phone number fields
    . - only the first phone number is displayed
    . - "Ring tone path" and "Show call notification fields" are not updated on changes on contacts with multiple phone numbers
    - Problem with specific FRITZ!Box models e. g. 7170 and 7320:
    . - contacts deleted on FRITZ!Box phone book are not deleted in plugin phone book
    - MediaPortal sometimes crashes on GUI properties update

Nephilim

Extension Developer
    February 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: FRITZ!Box Manager - English forum

Hi Nephilim,

which FRITZ!Box model do you have? Is there a firmware update?

Cheers
    Manuel

Hi horned_reaper,
    thanks for your reply.

The model is Fritz!Box Fon WLAN, without number. I think i have the first version.
    No firmware update.
    Any chance?

Bye,
    Nephilim

I plan to make the phone book editable in FRITZ!Box config. Meanwhile you only can manually add the attached file to the MediaPortal config folder and edit it. However it's uncomfortable.

Thank you very much! I'll try it ASAP.

EDIT: It works! Thanks again!

Bye,
    Nephilim

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

New version 0.4.0.4413:
    Fixed bugs:
    - on multiple contact deletions multiple synchronisations are necessary
    - multiple contacts with the same name cause update actions on every synchronization
    - multiple MSN filter entries when FRITZ!Box Manager configuration window is closed and re-opened without closing the MediaPortal Configuration window
    - MediaPortal crashes on calls with phone numbers not contained in the phone book

Optimizations:
    - phone book is now saved on every change instead of MediaPortal exit
    - entry checks for the following settings:
    - update interval
    - dial port
    - first MSN filter entry is automatically displayed when Configuration window is opened

New version 0.4.0.4414 has been released:
    Fixed bug:
    - Configuration window cannot be opened when MSN filter list is empty

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

New version 0.4.1.4415:
    New feature:
    - added settings to enable/disable call notifications

Optimization:
    - added check for MSN filter list

Fixed bug:
    - movies in Moving Pictures and MP-TV Series are started when the dialog asking if the movie shall be continued

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: AW: Re: FRITZ!Box Manager - English forum

Surely I can add the supported FRITZ!Box models and firmware but therefore I need support from the FRITZ!Box Manager lobby. Feedback from all of you is welcome!
    Hi,

I have just tried the latest version on my 7240 with custom 73.05.05 firmware (a 7240 is normally ANNEX B but with a combined 7270 & 7240 fw I got it working on ANNEX A) and it seems to work like a charm! :D
    What I mean by adding models/FW version somewhere: asking the users here, somehow, to post what type/FW they are using and adding that to the startpost and/or download section.
    That way, new users have an idea if it should work on their FB and you avoid questions about that.

Just an idea. ;)

Good work on the icon, looking much better! :)

ps: stil get a black background with the default, non-wide skin but that's just a minor issue.

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: FRITZ!Box Manager - English forum

Surely I can add the supported FRITZ!Box models and firmware but therefore I need support from the FRITZ!Box Manager lobby. Feedback from all of you is welcome!
    Hi,

I have just tried the latest version on my 7240 with custom 73.05.05 firmware (a 7240 is normally ANNEX B but with a combined 7270 & 7240 fw I got it working on ANNEX A) and it seems to work like a charm! :D
    What I mean by adding models/FW version somewhere: asking the users here, somehow, to post what type/FW they are using and adding that to the startpost and/or download section.
    That way, new users have an idea if it should work on their FB and you avoid questions about that.

Just an idea. ;)

Good work on the icon, looking much better! :)

ps: stil get a black background with the default, non-wide skin but that's just a minor issue.

Thank you for your review post!

There already is a compatibility list in the plugin description. Please lookup point "Compatibility"!
    I will add all future compatibility feedbacks there

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    ;-) U R welcome!

Didn't see that compatibility list. :oops:
    Maybe something worth adding to your startpost and/or download section: to ask the users to report on the model/FW they are using it with.

I have a suggestion/feature request:
    1) would it be possible to switch the plugin on and off from inside of MP, so with the remote control
    2) can it be done to have an option to always get a notification, regardless if media is playing is or not
    3) I got the thing with the soundfile working, is there a way to have that play repeatedly for as long as the msg box is displayed?

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: FRITZ!Box Manager - English forum

Maybe something worth adding to your startpost and/or download section: to ask the users to report on the model/FW they are using it with.

Done!

I have a suggestion/feature request:
    1) would it be possible to switch the plugin on and off from inside of MP, so with the remote control

What is your intention doing this? Could you explain your reasons?

2) can it be done to have an option to always get a notification, regardless if media is playing is or not

That's the way it already is!

3) I got the thing with the soundfile working, is there a way to have that play repeatedly for as long as the msg box is displayed?

It is a ring tone not a background sound! Your phone also doesn't continue ringing on the conversation.
    But I think about repeating the sound file until the phone call is answered

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

New release 0.4.1.4426:
    Fixed bugs:
    - error in Russian localization