GMPS Scheduler (1 Viewer)

Goersch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2007
    Hello,

somebody out there who is interessted in doing some programming for GMPS ? The code is available here: http://gmps.sourceforge.net.

What am I looking for is someone who likes to do a WebInterface for the program. The WebServer itself is already implemented.
    Somebody interessted ?

Georg

mameo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 8, 2006
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Goersch,

I will try this great tool, but first of all, does it support iMon LCD display (e.g. in my Antec fusion 350)?

Goersch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2007
    Hello mameo,

I'm not sure if the LCD Version supports the necessary functions. I couldn't find any hint on the soundgraph homepage - well, it depends
    on which OEM version you have.

There are 2 things you can check
    1) Do you have the possibility to set a wakeup and shutdown timer using the imon Software or starting/stopping your system via the remote control ?
    2) Do you have a timer2.dat on you system ? It should be located in "User/UserName/ApplicationData/Soundgraph/iMON/System"

If yes, then it should work - but I'm not sure.

You can try the current version (0.2.1.6), but during the next I will make a new version available which will fix some issues for the
    "GMPS Remote Control" function and some other errors which I didn't recognize since yesterday.

Please let me know if it works - I had some problems getting the timer functions to work because of a wrong date/time format !

Georg

mameo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 8, 2006
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,

My Antec fusion has an LCD HID OEM, firmware version 0x380102, and I'm using iMon driver ver 7.61.0522.
    To quickly answer your questions:
    1) Yes, my iMon can wakeup or shutdown pc by iMon software or remote control;
    2) Yes, timer2.dat exist and is located where you said.
    Now I'll try your plugin, let's hope everything will be ok.

Massimo

mameo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 8, 2006
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I find your tool very useful for my IMON and seems to working fine (GREAT!), but I need to ask some question:
    1) The duration of the pre/post recording set in MediaPortal TVScheduled is not considerated by GMPS for-boot PC (startup time by iMon is wrong) .
    2) I'd like to shutdown my PC instead of going into standby or ibernation: Mediaportal power scheduler plugin only allows to go into standby or ibernation and automatic/shutdown function of GMPD doesn't allow to play video, watch tv etc without putting PC in hybernate/standby or shutting down. What can I do?

Goersch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2007
    mameo
    1) The duration of the pre/post recording set in MediaPortal TVScheduled is not considerated by GMPS for-boot PC (startup time by iMon is wrong) .
    Yes, you can set the Pre-/Post in GMPS itself

2) I'd like to shutdown my PC instead of going into standby or ibernation: Mediaportal power scheduler plugin only allows to go into standby or ibernation and automatic/shutdown function of GMPD doesn't allow to play video, watch tv etc without putting PC in hybernate/standby or shutting down. What can I do?
    Isn't there an Option in MP "Start with windows" ? To tell the truth, I think I don't really understand the problem.

Edit: I thought about point 1 : I will add an option to use the MP Pre/Post values instead of the GMPS internal Pre/Post values for recordings scheduled by MP

mameo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 8, 2006
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Goersch,
    I'll try to better explain the second problem: when mediaportal is in idle for a certain period, the power scheduler plugin of mediaportal allows (put) the system enter in standby or hibernation mode (but no swith-off), this to allow pc to resume for any tv recordings. By using your tool is now possible wake-up pc from off-state, so it will be better (to obtain a low power consuption) switch-off the pc after an idle period rather than enter in standby or hibernation mode; but unfortunately mediaportal power scheduler plugin don't allow to complete switch-off pc (only standby and hibernation) and this is obviously a mediaportal issue.
    So I have tried to use GMPS to switch-off pc after and idle time by using automatic shutdown/standby GMPS function, but unfortunately GMPS auto shutdown works even if I'm watching mediaportal tv or video, (because GMPS doesn't know that I'm watching tv or video) and I don't want to swith-off my pc until the end of the film... So I'd like one of this two solution: Mediaportal power scheduler plugin allow to switch-off pc (and obviously standby and hibernation) or second solution, GMPS don't swith-off or hibernate pc while I'm watching video or tv in Mediaportal. I hope now you understand.
    Massimo

Goersch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2007
    got it - there are now several possibilities which other GMPS users do (I'm not doing this, because I'm just using the TV Server, so I'm not using MP itself):

- if you are watching DVD with a different program than MP, you can add this process to the process list, so that GMPS doesn't shut down the system
    - if you are all doing everything using MP, you have the possibility to use your remote control to let GMPS know not to shut down the system.
    You can do so by executing gmps with command line parameters (e.g. shutdown off) . Following parameters are availble:
    # /shutdown on
    # /shutdown off
    # /shutdown toggle
    # /shutdown now (will rundown TVServer, etc. if selected)
    # /shutdown ifpossible (if no recording is running. If this is called again during the PopUp appears, the a ShutDown will be made even if a recording is in progress)
    # /idletimer on
    # /idletimer off
    # /increasesleeptimer
    # /remote ServerIpAddress (you can control GMPS from a second system with some restrictions)

To answer your real question: no, GMPS right now doesn't know what you are doing at all - so it doesn't know if you are watching TV or DVD. I guess I will have to make a plugin to get this information from MP, but that might take some time.

Hope this helps anyway
    Georg

Users who are viewing this thread