Gyration MCE Remote Supported (2 Viewers)

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello testimies,

have you added ALL of the "Gyration RF technology receiver" entries in the plugin:HID section ? Have a look at this picture to see what I mean. The remote has seven entries on my system (Windows 2003) of which two are needed (in my case) but you can add them all for a test.

eg4.gif

-level20peon

testimies

Portal Pro
    October 12, 2007
    Espoo
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Entries

I only have 2 entries for Gyration RF technology receiver. I guess I have one for remote/mouse and one for keyboard. I have added both of them but it didn't help. The operation doesn't change whether I have 1 or 2 entries added.

I will install latest version of eventghost and recheck the operation but I doubt it will help.

dbinaz

Portal Member
    October 27, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am kinda lost with the tutorial for event ghost.

"Now add as many shortcuts you like (one after another). Afterwards press the button on your remote you want to map and draw it from the eventlog on the left into the macro with the respective shortcut on the right side."

Is a shortcut a key mapping?
    Where should I be when I click a button on the remote for the mapping?
    What do you mean by "draw" it?
    What is HID.button.178? I don't have that.
    What do you macros look like in the expanded tree?

Maybe you can do a video? :)

Thanks for this info btw.

D

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is a shortcut a key mapping?

A shortcut is the action which is performed eventually.

Where should I be when I click a button on the remote for the mapping?

It doesn't matter. The button is logged anyways (as long as EventGhost is running).

What do you mean by "draw" it?

Click and Draw the entry from the left side of the program (eventlog) to the right side (macro with the respective shortcut).

What is HID.button.178? I don't have that.

It is the "stop" button. You might not have it because it is mapped by default in your OS (note: I use Windows 2003).

What do you macros look like in the expanded tree?

Like this: (There always is one HID.button refering to one keyboard key which is assigned to MediaPortal hotkeys)
    eg7.gif

Maybe you can do a video? :)

I don't really think this would be necessary, do you ?

-level20peon

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Right. These two words are the same in german so I didn't realize it cannot be understood by a native english person. I am aware of the expression "drag & drop" though so I don't know why I wrote "draw" in the first place :sorry:

-level20peon

testimies

Portal Pro
    October 12, 2007
    Espoo
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Solved

:oops: I solved my problem. I did have more than 2 entries, I just didn't notice them. After adding those everything works correctly.

guru

Portal Member
    February 10, 2007
    Is this still the best method for Gyration Remotes? any chnace of inbuilt support in mediaportal in near Future?

jfeenin

Portal Member
    December 4, 2007
    How does the button functionality of the Microsoft MCE Remote with MP compare with the ones that work with this remote in MP?

yes I know the MS one isn't a universal and this is but does it work better?

Users who are viewing this thread