Haali not disposed after stopping video (1 Viewer)

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Note for people trying to reproduce the bug: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EXIT MEDIAPORTAL after stopping the video (run it in windowed mode for instance). Play the video, stop it and go into the tray looking for haali icon if it's still there (and remains there hovering over it with the mouse).

Actually that is a must as closing the application will clean it's resource usage...

Yes I know it but I think many users try to reproduce the problem closing mediaportal so I thought it was better to point on this.

ryobi

Portal Member
    March 5, 2009
    Sorry my english.

tourettes
    In MPCVideoDecoder the input in method Release occurs to the zero counter of the interface, it and causes an error
    But I do not know this consequence, the reason.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Becouse we located source of problem, i think this thread should be renamed, becouse it have nothing to do with haali - something like MP failed to remove MPC video decoder (DXVA ON) from graph.
    Becouse the problem only happend in MP, i am sugesting to add this to MP bug tracker too.

Should be added into Mantis as soon as some one of our testers is able to reproduce the issue.

BTW, can the problem have something to do with output format? I think MPC decoder with DXVA on is outputing to NV12, but not when DXVA is off (cyberlink output to NV12 in both cases).

I doubt it is related to the output type.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    In MPCVideoDecoder the input in method Release occurs to the zero counter of the interface, it and causes an error
    But I do not know this consequence, the reason.

- Have you been debugging the MPC-HC filter side?
    - Are you a developer from the MPC-HC team (I hope yes :))
    - Could you provide the call stack of that crash? Maybe the decoder is trying to use some resource that MP has already released?

ryobi

Portal Member
    March 5, 2009
    tourettes
    I not developer MPC-HC.
    If to compile MPCVideoDecoder in a mode of debugging an error occurs not only in MP, but also in other players.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    If to compile MPCVideoDecoder in a mode of debugging an error occurs not only in MP, but also in other players.

ok, good to know. We might be able to create some error handling for badly behaving filters. Could you provide the call stack from that crash?

hoborg, is the MPC-HC codec visible in the graph after the crash occurs? If not then it might be possible to use such workaround as MPC-HC is hopefully releasing all the resources (althou i doubt it as it crashes).

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

ok, good to know. We might be able to create some error handling for badly behaving filters. Could you provide the call stack from that crash?

hoborg, is the MPC-HC codec visible in the graph after the crash occurs? If not then it might be possible to use such workaround as MPC-HC is hopefully releasing all the resources (althou i doubt it as it crashes).

I think graph is closed (graphstudio didnt see it any longer) - im am not home, so cannot try it now, but for 90% it is closed.

BTW, if problem is really on MPC side, i will post bug report as soon as i will have enought information/proof.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    tourettes
    If to start МР in a mode of debugging, a problem with MPCVideoDecoder is not present, all is correctly closed.

You mean if I start MediaPortal in debug mode the haali icon goes away??

Will try it in the evening...

ryobi

Portal Member
    March 5, 2009
    tourettes
    If to start МР in a mode of debugging, a problem with MPCVideoDecoder is not present, all is correctly closed.

You mean if I start MediaPortal in debug mode the haali icon goes away??

Will try it in the evening...
    Yes, but Haali here not and, a problem in МРС.
    At clearing МРС the exception therefore is caused and there are other filters

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom