Haali not disposed after stopping video (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    BTW, if problem is really on MPC side, i will post bug report as soon as i will have enought information/proof.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue as I cannot use DVXA in MPC-HC on my dev PC (only GF7600 here). Hopefully someone else can debug the issue and we are able to provide some info on MPC-HC guys.

ryobi

Portal Member
    March 5, 2009
    Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue as I cannot use DVXA in MPC-HC on my dev PC (only GF7600 here). Hopefully someone else can debug the issue and we are able to provide some info on MPC-HC guys.
    Error in assert: in file amifilter.cpp.
    Play stop: line 3379 ASSERT(lRef >= 0)
    Play: line 4981 ASSERT(m_lFree.GetCount() == m_lAllocated)
    On my dev PC too is not present DXVA.
    Tested in graphstudio (monogram).

tomoqv

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I am on MP 1.1 beta and I have installed the latest SAF 4 RC1 and Haali ver 1.9.42.1. I have the above mentioned problem in Win XP MCE with SP3, Haali not being disposed after stopping video. CPU usage with MP idle after playing a video is at or above 80%! I thought this was a problem only in Win 7.

After further testing, this seems to be an issue when MP plays a video file over the network and not from a local hard drive. Haven't seen this before, maybe a MP 1.1 beta issue, I'll investigate.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Error in assert: in file amifilter.cpp.
    Play stop: line 3379 ASSERT(lRef >= 0)
    Play: line 4981 ASSERT(m_lFree.GetCount() == m_lAllocated)
    On my dev PC too is not present DXVA.
    Tested in graphstudio (monogram).

Sounds like a debug assert just telling that not all resources were freed correctly.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I think MP should be able to continue graph cleaning even when one filter crash instead to leave rest of filters in graph. There can be more filters causing crash...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I think MP should be able to continue graph cleaning even when one filter crash instead to leave rest of filters in graph. There can be more filters causing crash...

Yes, it might be better to handle it that way. But still it might only hide the real issue and cause only harder to find bugs as MP will be running out of the resources when some components are leaking DirectX or DirectShow resources.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Yes, it might be better to handle it that way. But still it might only hide the real issue and cause only harder to find bugs as MP will be running out of the resources when some components are leaking DirectX or DirectShow resources.

Yes, i known. Such crashes should be logged of course.

mat123

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Is it possible that this Haali and MP issue causes a BSOD? This happens only with MPC codec (decoding hd 1080p mkv).

With Microsoft or Cyberlink codec it works ok. First 2 or 3 movies play fine, the fourth one starts to show green flashing every one or two seconds and if I let it play, it shows BSOD and resets the system.

If I remember corectly in Mediaportal 1.1.0 Alpha it worked fine.

Edit: Updated to latest SVN and the same problem. On fifth movie it began flashing green and I noticed there were 2 Haali and 5 ffdshow audio icons left, when exiting MediaPortal. I think this is a serious issue, as stated before.

mat123

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    So you think it's related to ATI drivers?

I'll test some more and post results if I find somethnig out.
    Anyway, hope this can be fixed somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom