Haali not disposed after stopping video (2 Viewers)

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
This seems like a major problem to me, is there any work going on on this? Playing a succession of 5-6 HD clips makes my computer crash, after 2-3 it's already sluggish and I get artifacts when playing video. If this is related to the MPC codec, is there another working codec that allows DXVA?

I'm using Windows 7, latest MP beta with latest SVN, SAF for codecs.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
If this is MPC codec related, it should be brought up on the doom9 forum. This is where they develop the thing. I will check if something about this is already mentioned.

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Oh, I was pretty sure I had read that this is related to the MPC codec :confused: If it's not then I guess that a lot more people should be having this problem! As it is now I play a video, then exit/restart MP, then play another etc. Not very high WAF in other words...

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
found a thread on Doom9. Dont know if it EXACLY the same. See below

Multiple Instances of Haali in taskbar - Doom9's Forum

There is a kind of a workaround for it mentioned. But if this works for us I dont know.
And also, for the record, I also suffer from the multiple Haali/ffdshow icons in the tray. MP crashes after a while.

I am just wondering. There was a period this haali/tray issue wasnt there. Since when did we start to see this?
I dont know, because I updated ATI CCC + SAF on mulitple occasions. I dont remember exact details.
In addition, in the beginning I wasnt even aware that I had the multiple haali icons problem. Didnt see it becasue I shut the HTPC down often. And ofcourse, I run in fullscreen MP all the time, so no signal for me that there was a problem in the traybar. Only after reading about it here, I checked and confirmed I had it aswell.

Rayures

Portal Pro
October 8, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
If this is related to the MPC codec, is there another working codec that allows DXVA?

In windows 7 there is the microsoft dtv-dvd video decoder, this works with dxva and does not have the issues that the mpc-hc decoder gives. Using it myself in my win7 setup.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
There is still question if MPC video decoder is trully buggy, becouse if you run same video in GB-PVR, same graph is used (same decoders) and all is working fine when stoping video (no crash, graph is closed correctly)... I already report MPC video decoder crash in MP to MPC-HC team, but no responce...

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I already report MPC video decoder crash in MP to MPC-HC team, but no responce...

Where did you post it? Maybe we can all kick the thread a little bit to life. The more people start talking about this issue, the more likely it is that it will be picked up. Or atleast any feedback about it is welcome.

If this is related to the MPC codec, is there another working codec that allows DXVA?

In windows 7 there is the microsoft dtv-dvd video decoder, this works with dxva and does not have the issues that the mpc-hc decoder gives. Using it myself in my win7 setup.

Is there any way to extract that codec and plug it into windows XP???

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks Hoborg,
I thought it would be total rubbish asking about the win7 codec, But I think the only stupid question is the one not asked.

I posted a reply on doom9. Ill wait and see what comes out of it. Hope atleast some feedback.

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
edterbak: I was going to say that I first noticed this problem when switching to Windows 7, but since you seem to be using XP I guess that's not the issue. Like you I have been installing all new ATI drivers as well as MP SVN:s and new SAF betas, so it is very hard to tell when the problem appeared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom