Haali not disposed after stopping video (2 Viewers)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
edterbak: I was going to say that I first noticed this problem when switching to Windows 7, but since you seem to be using XP I guess that's not the issue. Like you I have been installing all new ATI drivers as well as MP SVN:s and new SAF betas, so it is very hard to tell when the problem appeared.

The problem was here from begin, but old SAF have hiden Haali icon, so you didnt noticed.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Oh ok, there is a difference in your situation then. I have ONLY updated SAF and ATI drivers. I am still on the MP beta 1.1, the original one. So no SVN.

Ofcourse, might be because what Hoborg says: I never noticed this issue before 1.1beta. I came from 1.02 + SVN and skipped the alfa.

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
That may be it. It is not everyday that I play that many HD videos in a row, so I first found out about the problem when I was testing my system with a lot of short clips. I hope that what they're saying in the doom9 thread is true - that the MP devs are aware of the problem and are working on it. Before I had gotten the impression that this could only be worked out by the MPC codec devs.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Ofcourse, might be because what Hoborg says: I never noticed this issue before 1.1beta. I came from 1.02 + SVN and skipped the alfa.

1.0.2 should have exactly the same bug. But as hoborg said it might be have not visible as SAF was hiding the haali splitter tray icon.

I'll try to contact MPC-HC developers and ask why it might happen that MPC-HC decoder fails to release used resource properly (as the assert gets hit it is a sign that not all resources are freed properly). Maybe it is a timing issue and with a bad luck MP just triggers the bug.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great. If you need more logs or test for me/us to do, just say so. (keeping in mind some devs dont have dxva hardware)
    I'd like to help where I can.

In the past, when just starting to use MP 1.02 I did not use SAF. I downloaded the codecs directly and regesterred them manually. In that situation, would the Haali tray icons still be hidden or should they be visible. I ask this because I can not remember a lot of icons being there when closing MP.

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    No need to contact MPC people as graph release order was wrong in all different types of players code - and has been like that for a long time. I spent several hours for this and hope it is ok now.

This core.dll is compatible with 10.10. released public SVN but most probably contains some local stuff so don't report any other bugs with this running.

Cheers,
    /m

EDIT: Core.dll now on page 16

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey now, things are happening! :) So what do I do with the zip?

EDIT:
    Sorry, dumb question. Manfred - I think you've done it! :D I have just tested it very quickly, starting and stopping a few x.264 files. Nothing is left in the tray, not even the haali and codec icons that used to remain (and which vanished when you moved the mouse over them)! As long as that is representative of what's going on "backstage" then all should be well.

This is great!

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    No need to contact MPC people as graph release order was wrong in all different types of players code - and has been like that for a long time. I spent several hours for this and hope it is ok now.

This core.dll is compatible with 10.10. released public SVN but most probably contains some local stuff so don't report any other bugs with this running.

Cheers,
    /m

Good job man! Working like a charm. Take rest, you deserve it :) Again, good work.:D

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ahh this is very good... so this will fix multiple instances of haali/mpc/ffdshow?

sukceso

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2008
    Herrenberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, it does not seem to work for me.
    I have the newest SVN, I replaced the DLL in the mediaportal directory and even rebooted. When watching videos, I still see the Haali icons and they don't disappear when stopping the video. It's even more weird, I see some flickering in the icon bar quickly adding and removing a Haali icon even if the video is stopped. Sometimes even then a new instance of the Haali icons is added. No idea why this happens. BTW, I'm using Win7 x64 and the newest SAF.

Stefan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom