Hauppuage HVR-1600 Support (1 Viewer)

opusnut

Portal Pro
February 22, 2006
Is there support for the Hauppauge HVR-1600 hybrid card??

thanx
opusnut

opusnut

Portal Pro
February 22, 2006
OK, so i managed to get the ATSC side working, but i cant seem to get MP to see the analog tuner.

any ideas??

MaFu

Portal Member
February 11, 2007
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
I have the same problem.. Opusnut, can you describe what you did to recognize the ASTC part so that we can try to reproduce and figure out how to make the analog part work?

chucklesga

February 19, 2007
HVR-1600 Analog Working

It looks like I got MP to use the analog portion of the HVR-1600.

The analog seems to be working, but i havent used it too much yet. The ATSC could be working, but i dont get a good signal on any station out here in the county.

Here is the code i added to the bottom of the capturecardefinitions.xml file. I dont know if the devid will change for different cards. I would appreciate it if someone with some knowledge would look over this, as i just guessed as to what the code should look like and I think I got lucky!

Good Luck!

Code:
[SIZE="1"]<capturecard commercialname="Hauppauge HVR-1600 Analog" capturename="Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture" devid="ven_14f1&amp;dev_5b7a&amp;subsys_74040070&amp;rev_00">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"/>
    <tv>
      <interface cat="encoder" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"/>
      <filters>
        <filter cat="tvtuner"  name="Hauppauge WinTV 418 Tuner"			checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="tvaudio"  name="Hauppauge WinTV 418 TvAudio"		checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="crossbar" name="Hauppauge WinTV 418 Crossbar"		checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="capture"  name="Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture"		checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="encoder"  name="Hauppauge WinTV 418 Encoder"		checkdevice="true"/>
      </filters>
      <connections>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner"	sourcepin="0"	sinkfilter="crossbar"	sinkpin="%tvtuner%"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner"	sourcepin="1"	sinkfilter="tvaudio"	sinkpin="0"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio"	sourcepin="0"	sinkfilter="crossbar"	sinkpin="%audiotuner%"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="crossbar"	sourcepin="0"	sinkfilter="capture"	sinkpin="0"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="crossbar"	sourcepin="1"	sinkfilter="capture"	sinkpin="1"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="capture"	sourcepin="4"	sinkfilter="encoder"	sinkpin="0"/>
      </connections>
    </tv>
  </capturecard>

<capturecard commercialname="Hauppauge HVR-1600 Digital" capturename="Hauppauge WinTV 418 TS Capture" devid="ven_14f1&amp;dev_5b7a&amp;subsys_74040070&amp;rev_00">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"/>
    <tv>
      <interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"/>
      <filters>
        <filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft ATSC Network Provider"		checkdevice="false"/>
        <filter cat="tunerdevice"     name="Hauppauge WinTV 418 BDA Tuner"		checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="capture"         name="Hauppauge WinTV 418 TS Capture"		checkdevice="true"/>
      </filters>
      <connections>
        <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice"	sinkpin="0"/>
        <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice"     sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture"		sinkpin="0"/>
      </connections>
    </tv>
  </capturecard>[/SIZE]

howudodat

Portal Pro
February 20, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TVServer found the card just fine and scanned both the Analog and ATSC side. Only weird problem I'm having is on the ATSC side, some channels I get video, others I get audio, can't ever seem to get both on the same channel

(Had the same problem with an ADS Tech Instant HDTV card)

Peter

MaFu

Portal Member
February 11, 2007
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Just to make sure I'm in the right page here: after copying the definitions in the Capturecarddefinitions.xml, you run MP Setup and add a new card? I'm doing this and it's still not recognizing it. Am I doing something wrong?

BTW, I'm not using TV Server, I'm using the MP 2.2.0 regular (not SVN).

chucklesga

February 19, 2007
I added the code above to the bottom of the .xml file. Actually I added it just before last line of the .xml, just above the last line that reads </capturecards>

you may want to follow the guide below and make sure you have the same devid/filter names. all i did then was run the setup and click add it it listed both tuners (analog & atsc)
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Add_TVCard_to_natively_supported_list

howudodat

Portal Pro
February 20, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I didn't test the card with MP, just with TVServer. It found it just fine. For MP, I would recommend that you follow the guide / instructions as noted by chucklesga

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread