HDTV Tuning details for Canal Digital on Thor (1 Viewer)

Mohram

Portal Member
June 1, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I understand that this is just a temporary fix and that it will take some time to implement it properly, but still... A big THANK YOU! Now I can watch Sweden tonight and the evening is saved :D

Lindhardsen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 21, 2007
    Järfälla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks a lot Ambass (and ronilse)! :D

Even though it is not a permanent fix, this clearly shows the greatness of Open Source software (and the kindness of those developing for the rest of us to enjoy)!

Just hoping it works well enough to watch a full 90 minutes game without any crashes!

ipo

April 8, 2007
    Denmark
    Home Country
    France France
    Nice Ambass!!
    MP doesn't crash on those 2 channels anymore.
    Unfortunately for me it looks like I cannot decrypt the channels with csc.dll :mad:
    Did you "hardcode" something about the CAM?
    This means I have to stick with the lousy box from C+ for now :eek:
    Is the real fix going to be implemented soon (RC1?)

Lindhardsen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 21, 2007
    Järfälla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have watched football in HD all night using MP!:D

Excellent work Ambass!

It's long time since I last used DVBViewer, but these last days reminded me whay I switched to MP:

MP offers SUPPERIOR picture quality compared to DVBViewer, using same settings (VMR and PowerDVD codec). Does anyone have an explanation to that? Ambass, I guess you are the expert here: What is it that MP does so well?

The only thing that DVBViewer is better at, is resizing of the application window, switching form full screen to windowed and vise versa.

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    ipo,

Please, attach tv and tsWriter logs.

Is your CAM available for ( all ) HD channels. C+ is a mess everywhere and everytime...:mad:

Ambass.

ipo

April 8, 2007
    Denmark
    Home Country
    France France
    ipo,

Please, attach tv and tsWriter logs.

Is your CAM available for ( all ) HD channels. C+ is a mess everywhere and everytime...:mad:

Ambass.

I'll try to provide the logs before the week-end.
    YES the CAM is available for HD channels, at least all other HD channels get decrypted.
    PS: can you give a hint of where the howto for logs is, I mean the doc or thread...:D

kalon

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2005
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Could you try the attached "tvlibrary.dll" . It uses Hw filtering for floppyDTV, but breakes watching or recording more than one channel... and may be other things.

I'ts mainly to understand if it is really your problem. Is everybody use the same CAM ?

Ambass

Hey Ambass!

This works great and I also have better pic on my ordinary HD channels. Before I had a stutter in a few seconds once a 40 sec.
    I thought it was to low spec on my client. But with your patch on the server everthin is OK!

Maybee in the future we have an option in card settings for firedtv products where you can set it off/on ..

However I get back to the original question.. The problem was the same in DBVviewer so I dont think this is a MP problem.

Have anyone spoken to Digital Everywhere? One wonder if firewire is to slow? Or if something wrong in driver/firmware?

Well , back to work. Think my boss is watching me... ;-)

johnlc

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Horsens
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    But it will take a bit more time to do stuff properly...

I realize that this will take some time, but could you perhaps release the stuff you did, maybe as diff file, so that I can implement it in local builds - because this is extremely good stuff. :D

I have had < 3 continouity errors in 2 days - really looking forward to this in the code.

Lindhardsen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 21, 2007
    Järfälla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

Is there any "officials" following up on this?
    Will this be included in a soon to come (before 080808 (Olympics starting)) SVN???
    Will it be fixed for RC3?
    Will it be possible to just gen an updated work around for RC2?

Sorry to be bussing about this - but the olympics is one of the greatest HD events of the year! And I would really hate to miss it (or have to move back to DVBviewer for that matter)...:(

Any chance another small donation will "bump up" the priority on the bug list?;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom