HDTV Tuning details for Canal Digital on Thor (1 Viewer)

Lindhardsen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 21, 2007
    Järfälla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Lindhardsen, Kimsy,

Seems something strange ( out of ISO spec or bug.. ) Could you provide us a raw ts dump and a recorded ts.

Thanks.

Ambass.

I'm back in business :D and have now uploaded the files: se_CanalDigital_12130_S_TV 4 HD Fotboll_scrabled.ts/txt.

I see that Mohram named his file with 12128 as frequency, so I'm not sure if the channel is actually on 12130 or 12128, hope you are able to see that.

If anyone is interested, what I did to get MP (probably my FloppyDTV S2) back in business was to disconnect tve power cord from the pc, as well as the firewire cord from the card. And when I started the pc this morning, I also removed the CAM module. I then inserted the CAM once the pc was up and running.

A good start of the day!

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I've checked both files, and they have an unbelievable number of holes.

Loooking carefully in the file, shows that for each discontinuity detected by TsWriter, data are missing in the stream from the previous valid packet.:(

So there is problem that affect the ts stream somewhere, but before TsWriter.

I suppose DVBViewer is not working properly.

Could be reception, PC..., CAM...
    Have you the Firewire widows patch ?
    Is firewire running at full speed....

..no more ideas...

:sorry: I can't do nothing from software point of view....

Ambass.

Lindhardsen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 21, 2007
    Järfälla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hmm.. Very strange!

Your idea about DVBViewer does not really fit: DVBViewer is the only application that seems able to decode the signal, and show a proper picture/sound.

So DVBViewer is working, at least better than tswriter ;)
    The thing that makes this work with DVBViewer is to disable the "open whole transponder" feature. Someone found a description for this feature (from DVBViewers Transedit):
    "Open whole transponder (TechniSat and FireDTV devices only): If this checkbox is ticked, the hardware resp. driver delivers all streams that are broadcasted on a transponder. In this case TransEdit filters the streams out that are required for scanning or the Preview function. If this option is unticked, the hardware or driver does the filtering .In general it is recommendable to leave „Open whole transponder“ unticked for TechniSat cards, because it's their default mode, and ticked for FireDTV devices, since the FireDTV firmware and driver does not handle the hardware filtering flawlessly yet. "

There are some discussions in a Swedish forum, suggesting that this is a hardware/firmware problem. That this could be a problem with Floppy/FireDTV.
    Would this make any sense to you?

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    I've just noticed symbol rate is the higher in the world on this transponder ( SR=30000 ). !!!
    But it's not alone..

Ambass.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I'm reading on different forum & Floppy/Fire seems to be a pain in the ass when it comes to HD, it has to have all settings correct(if we have all those in our ini file i dunno) & since i don't have S2 cards i'm not much to help here. How many has HD channels working & which one?

Regards
    Roy

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Not seen, your answer... We probably need to use hw PID filtering in FloppyDTV to reduce data flow.

Ambass.

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    I've 7 HD channels with floppyDTV-S2 and all works fine ( Symbol rate is a bit lower 22000 )

Ambass.

Lindhardsen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 21, 2007
    Järfälla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    For me (Canal Digital Sweden), I have all HD workign fine - Exept for the TV4 HD Fotboll.
    That means:
    • Eurosport HD
    • Hist Channel HD
    • Silver HD
    • Discovery HD
    • SVT HD
    • TV4 HD
    • Voom HD
    • Nat Geo HD

Are all working fine. Only
    • TV HD Fotboll
    • TV HD Fotboll 2

Have the problem described in this thread.

/J

Mohram

Portal Member
    June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can only concur with Lindhardsen. All other HD-channels are working fine (including Canal+ Sport/Film HD for me) except the two TV4 HD Fotboll. But as mentioned before they work in DVBViewer if you uncheck 'Open whole transponder'.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hmmm,
    Only thing thats different from those to the others they're missing sub/teletext(of course on another mux), else the rest it's the same according to provider info.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom