HDTV Tuning details for Canal Digital on Thor (1 Viewer)

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok, all your working channels are at lower symbol rate ( 25000 ).

When you uncheck 'Open whole transponder' you, probably, activate the hardware PID filtering and the data flow from Floppy to application is drastically reduced.

We should consider to use this option in MP.

Ambass.

Lindhardsen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 21, 2007
    Järfälla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

When you uncheck 'Open whole transponder' you, probably, activate the hardware PID filtering and the data flow from Floppy to application is drastically reduced.

Ambass.

Ambas, is this something you will have in place before tomorrows matches?:mad:

Sorry - Just kidding :rolleyes:

Laban

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2007
    Luleå
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just wanted to add that i've got the same problem with the two "HD Football" channels. All other HD channels work perfectly.

Lindhardsen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 21, 2007
    Järfälla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This seems to be specific to Fire/FloppyDTV. Or at least, it does not seem to affect the Technotrend S2-3200 card.

At least users has been reporting this card to work fine with MP in this Swedish forum.

/J

kalon

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2005
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    For me (Canal Digital Sweden), I have all HD workign fine - Exept for the TV4 HD Fotboll.
    That means:
    • Eurosport HD
    • Hist Channel HD
    • Silver HD
    • Discovery HD
    • SVT HD
    • TV4 HD
    • Voom HD
    • Nat Geo HD

Are all working fine. Only
    • TV HD Fotboll
    • TV HD Fotboll 2

Have the problem described in this thread.

/J

Same for me. But I get a server crash when tuning to TV4 HD Fotboll 1 / 2

Attaches a "clean" log with only tuning to tv4 HD Fotboll 2.

ipo

April 8, 2007
    Denmark
    Home Country
    France France
    Just for the record, I have the same problem with Floppy DTV and the 2 HD football channels for Canal Digital Denmark (TV2 HDTV1&2).
    The funny part is that Media Portal crashes, not the TVEngine... I am also tempted to believe that it is related to the higher symbol rate, but that's an easy and unqualified guess. Should I try to get some logs on this thread?

Mohram

Portal Member
    June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Ambass.

So, basically, what you're saying is that you're guessing that these two channels generate a lot of data, and something in the line between our satellite-dishes and TVs can't handle this huge amount of data as desired? Is that correctly understood, or am I way off here? :)

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    So, basically, what you're saying is that you're guessing that these two channels generate a lot of data, and something in the line between our satellite-dishes and TVs can't handle this huge amount of data as desired? Is that correctly understood, or am I way off here? :)

Yes.

Could you try the attached "tvlibrary.dll" . It uses Hw filtering for floppyDTV, but breakes watching or recording more than one channel... and may be other things.

I'ts mainly to understand if it is really your problem. Is everybody use the same CAM ?

Ambass

Mohram

Portal Member
    June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Praise the Lords, it's working! Changed the tvlibrary.dll to the one you supplied, rebooted the computer and am now watching Holland-Italy in beautiful HD on TV4 HD Fotboll 2 through MediaPortal :D

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Good news..;)

But it will take a bit more time to do stuff properly...

Ambass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom