HELP, please, no album/artist info (1 Viewer)

DarellS

Portal Member
October 18, 2007
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Can someone please help me? whatever I do I cannot get information on the album. Logs attached. thanks.

DarellS

Portal Member
October 18, 2007
Home Country
PLEASE, PLEASE: can it be related to the error "no translation found for id 1063"???

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    have you tried it with "English" as language?

you get some exception. tough i don't understand czech i think it is a null reference to an object which doesn't exist.

What are you trying to do?
    looks like you've inserted a CD, which started playing already.
    and what is the next step you did?

DarellS

Portal Member
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    I do have english selected as the language of MP (vista is however in the czech version). I have tried to get the album/artist info displayed by pressing F9 and then selecting show artist/album info. and nothing happens

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    But you are on a CD. Right?
    That's what i see from the log.

Has the CD been detected correctly?
    Can you try that, while being in on the Artist level in the database?

DarellS

Portal Member
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Yes, I am on a CD. The CD is detected meaning that MP knows and shows that there is an Audio CD in the D drive but it displays no information about the CD (tracks are shown as track 01 etc). It looks like MP does not connect (and I'd even say that it does not try to connect) to the FreeDB to look for the information on the CD.

If I rip the CD to MP3 in another programme and save the MP3s to harddisk with the appropriate tags, MP is able to grab the album art.

But as I say no info on an audio CD.

Please see also my call for help here (contains additional logs):

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mymusic_no_album_artist_info_cd-t30340.html

Many thanks for help.

DS

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So how should we get the information on a CD, which is not detected?
    Your main problem is that the CD is not recognised. if it would, then you would be able get artist info.
    let's close this, as it is not a bug. it is clear that there's no information for an unknown artist available.

Users who are viewing this thread