Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi guys

Just wondering you all are getting the home Menu control flicker, Once I navigate to another page the controls stop flickering. Is this the same for the rest of you?

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi guys

Just wondering you all are getting the home Menu control flicker, Once I navigate to another page the controls stop flickering. Is this the same for the rest of you?

Hi Quarter,

I'm not sure which menu or witch control you are referring. Can you send us a picture showing precisely this menu/control ?

Other question : Is it flickering as soon as MP2 starts ? Can you send the logs too ?

Cheers.

Smeulf.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi guys

Hi Quarter,

I'm not sure which menu or witch control you are referring. Can you send us a picture showing precisely this menu/control ?

Other question : Is it flickering as soon as MP2 starts ? Can you send the logs too ?

Cheers.

Smeulf.

Hi Smeulf

All controls on the home screen, Its only the home screen once navigated to a new screen it stops.

Edit: It's not just the Home menu, It's doing it on all windows.

Attachments

• MP2.png
      MP2.png
      241.3 KB

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Home Menu Flicker

Quarter, can you describe what exactly happens? How does the flickering look like? Do the buttons disappear and appear again or do you see strange colors or what?

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Home Menu Flicker

Quarter, can you describe what exactly happens? How does the flickering look like? Do the buttons disappear and appear again or do you see strange colors or what?

Hi yea the buttons keep disappearing and appearing in a fraction of a second, I have found the dark silver theme in full-screen to be the most stable. But its all to irregular to really to say, Home menu does it all the time every second. also noticed the sometimes all buttons flicker sometimes its just three buttons that flicker. Usually its all the buttons.

Ok I seem to have some errors this time round

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Oops, there is something very broken.... An access violation in managed code... Where did you get the MP2 installation?

That's downloaded from the SVN and compiled from the batch file.

Rebuilt no errors same flicker.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Oops, there is something very broken.... An access violation in managed code... Where did you get the MP2 installation?

SVN ? We switch to Git some month ago... : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-529/switching-mp2-git-93628/#post717383

And it's confirmed from the screenshot, the default MP2 skin doesn't look like your's anymore.

Please, take a look here to setup TurtoiseGit and get the last commit from the master branch : Git - MediaPortal Wiki

And don't forget to install msysgit 1.6.1 or above before install tortoisegit (link to msysgit is on turtoisegit page).

Then you can built again and see.

Cheers.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

SVN ? We switch to Git some month ago... : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-529/switching-mp2-git-93628/#post717383

And it's confirmed from the screenshot, the default MP2 skin doesn't look like your's anymore.

Please, take a look here to setup TurtoiseGit and get the last commit from the master branch : Git - MediaPortal Wiki

And don't forget to install msysgit 1.6.1 or above before install tortoisegit (link to msysgit is on turtoisegit page).

Then you can built again and see.

Cheers.

Well bugger me you are right and I did know we switched, I had a blond moment. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread