How do I know if my TVcard is HW or SW encoding ? (1 Viewer)

Joce

Portal Pro
November 10, 2005
Lagny sur Marne
Home Country
France France
Sorry for this stupid question, but I am having hard time finding out whether the ADS Tech Instant TVPCI card is hardware encoding or not.
Can anyone help me ?

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Well it doesnt say that it is and the fact it says supports recording in mpeg1/2/4 makes it also look less likely to be a hardware card. Also specificies that it uses a patch cable to the sound card which makes me pretty confident in saying its a software card.

Joce

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2005
    Lagny sur Marne
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks !
    So I believe that this card will not work with MP...or do you think that the generic S/W encoding card profile could do it ?

Asmo

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Just try it out, you might like it!

If possible, I really recommend you to pick out a mainstream card like a Hauppauge 150 or so, you'll always be sure these cards will be supported in any case and probs with these cards will be fixed fast as many people are using them.

onetoomany

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    UK
    If yours is the DVB-T card (you've not given me the full details) then I can tell you that it works great under hardware with v0.1.3.0. It doesn't work with 0.2.0RC1 - I'm about to have a play with 0.2.0RC2.

One point to note is that this card does not seem to support dual tuner mode (ie don't do as I did, and buy two of them!).

R

onetoomany

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    UK
    Sorry, posted wrong answer; the setting for the ADS InstantTV DVB-T PCI is neither... the one that works is:
    "DigiGo DVBT 2388x Transport Stream Capture (ADS Instant TV DVB-T PCI)"

And it seems to work with 0.2.0RC2 but you need to update the CVS to avoid the worst of the blue screen of death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks. I'll be working through your response and experimenting some more. Will let you know what I find.
    Thanks. I'll be working through your response and experimenting some more. Will let you know what I find.
    MP looks like an attractive replacement for WMC, but unlike Kodi (which I just tried), I'm having a hard time getting my 3-tuner...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes I think it's best to test with TVE3.5 the different combinations. The MTD and MCD modes are handled differently, so we have an option more to evaluate
    Yes I think it's best to test with TVE3.5 the different combinations. The MTD and MCD modes are handled differently, so we have an...
    Hi, i wrote this problem already in the german section, but the problem could not be solved until now. @morpheus_xx tryed it with...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, maybe someone can give me some advice. I have two PCs (A and B) and each is equipped with a TV card for recording. I record to a shared folder, which works fine. All recordings and XMLs are stored correctly. Both on latest MP1, Win10 x64. My challenge is the following. If I record with PC(A), the files are correctly stored and...
    Hi, maybe someone can give me some advice. I have two PCs (A and B) and each is equipped with a TV card for recording. I record to...
    Hi, maybe someone can give me some advice. I have two PCs (A and B) and each is equipped with a TV card for recording. I record to...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi Lehmden Please forgive me for not making things clear, and ny the way, it's not you, your English is absolutely perfect. Europe ALWAYS puts us to shame when it comes to language because in UK "Education" we spend so long learning how wonderful the UK and its monarchy is we don't have time to learn the more important and useful...
    Hi Lehmden Please forgive me for not making things clear, and ny the way, it's not you, your English is absolutely perfect. Europe...
    Hi I am trying MP2 and getting on very well, finding the system more logical and very smooth now. The setup and configuration all...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom