how do i set up my emulators plug-in (1 Viewer)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've updated the main thread with a version for the latest RC. Have fun!

ratboyz

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2008
    sorry i have 1.2.0 rc not alpha

installed the new version of my emulators still didn't install. installed mediaportal 1.2.0. beta and it installed.
    thanks again for all the help

ok still having problems. i installed n64 emulator had all the setting done and made sure it worked before i set it up in my emulators. i placed it in my emulators but the rom won't start. the emulator starts but the rom won't. i also installed a sega emulator and it works great. couple of things. how do i get all the box art for eath game ( i thought it would down load the box art through mediaportal ). and is there a way to get the sega emulator to go to full screen when you start the emulator through mediaportal. thanks for all the help. mediapotal is great!!!!!!

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I am using Project64 without problems, remember that you can't use quotes in paths with Project64.
    There are many SEGA systems that uses different emulators. KEGA Fusion emulates a couple like the Megadrive/Genesis.
    in the arguments you enter %ROM% -fullscreen, to start the emulator in fullscreen.

/Jimmy

sorry i have 1.2.0 rc not alpha

installed the new version of my emulators still didn't install. installed mediaportal 1.2.0. beta and it installed.
    thanks again for all the help

ok still having problems. i installed n64 emulator had all the setting done and made sure it worked before i set it up in my emulators. i placed it in my emulators but the rom won't start. the emulator starts but the rom won't. i also installed a sega emulator and it works great. couple of things. how do i get all the box art for eath game ( i thought it would down load the box art through mediaportal ). and is there a way to get the sega emulator to go to full screen when you start the emulator through mediaportal. thanks for all the help. mediapotal is great!!!!!!

ratboyz

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2008
    i'm using Project64. i don't understand what you mean when you say " you can't use quoted in paths with Project64.
    thanks again for your help!

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Good, I use version 1.6 of Project 64, I have attached a picture with my config.

Regarding Covers for your collection you go to MyEmulators Configuration, Game Database, select system, in your case Nintendo 64 and then select one of four updating methods.

/Jimmy

i'm using Project64. i don't understand what you mean when you say " you can't use quoted in paths with Project64.
    thanks again for your help!

Attachments

• N64.png
      N64.png
      31.2 KB

ratboyz

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2008
    thanks works great. is that what i should do for all the emulators?. can i use a ps2 emulator through
    media portal.
    thanks, thanks, thanks again for all your great help.:D

ok. just a couple more questions. how do you set up the mame emulator through my emulators. i finaly found out you have to unrar the files to make the roms work with most of the emulators. i don't think you unrar the files for mame. if somebody can help me out that would be great.
    thanks again

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great that it's working for you.
    No it's a special case for Project64 (and maybe some other emulator), you should use quoted paths as standard.

Yes I'm using PCSX2 0.9.8 with MyEmulators and uses .ISO files.
    MAME works directly in MyEmulators without any special settings and it accepts .zip files.

/Jimmy

thanks works great. is that what i should do for all the emulators?. can i use a ps2 emulator through
    media portal.
    thanks, thanks, thanks again for all your great help.:D

ok. just a couple more questions. how do you set up the mame emulator through my emulators. i finaly found out you have to unrar the files to make the roms work with most of the emulators. i don't think you unrar the files for mame. if somebody can help me out that would be great.
    thanks again

ratboyz

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2008
    i have the latest mame 64 version and i can't figure out how to show the rom path. pom path specified in the mame.ini file. what is that file and how do i change that.
    thanks again for your help. everything else works great!!!

Users who are viewing this thread