How Milkdrop2 works on RC1 (2 Viewers)

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
June 27, 2008
Geneva, Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Didn't work for me. I copied your files as directed, but when starting the configuration in MP, I get an error message that the file "include.fx" can't be read. If I click OK here, I can access the MilkDrop configuration, but the viz itself doesn't run.

One possible issue: I originally installed MilkDrop2d, but then added your MilkDrop2c dll files to MediaPortal. In other words, in MP apart from vis_milk2.dll and nscrt.dll (which are V2c) all other files came from V2d. In the config it appears as V2c. I wanted to do a clean install using only V2c, but couldn't find this anywhere. If I use the V2d dll files, I get an error message when launching config.

Any ideas anyone? Or can someone zip the entire V2c so I can try that?

EDIT: I downloaded WinAmp 5.51 which contains Milkdrop V2c, and then copied the files to MediaPortal. It now works, but I definately do need all the MilkDrop files for MilkDrop to run. The nscrt.dll needs to be in the MediaPortal root folder and the vis-milk2.dll file needs to be in the MediaPortal > MusicPlayer > Visualization folder (not in the MilkDrop folder).

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    You ONLY need the stuff in the .zip attached to the first post - remove all the other stuff and unzip this into your MP directory.

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah, this is awesome. Plugin working at once.

Going mental now, with music and webstreams ......:D

booba5185

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2007
    I'm having the same issue with mine, it crashes, then works great the second time, I have a aw8d, 7600gs, and p4 3.0, I also use the onboard realtek, so I'm wondering if that might be the connection?

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Oh.. I didn't find any consistency in my milkdrop crashes.. maybe it happens after every fresh restart? I would have to try^^

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Yes, I find that if I reboot windows it will again crash on first attempt to play some music. Relaunch MP and then it's fine. Reboot windows and play music and it will crash on first attempt etc.

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I just disabled the whole thing again as it wasnt important to me to have vis.. When I get time to do it I'll try again and see what I find. I got a Nvidia 8800 GT(S?) btw.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Confirmed - It happens on the first play after a reboot - I occasionally get it on a resume from standby too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom