How Milkdrop2 works on RC1 (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This seems to be fixed in the 2.4 version of BassVis.
    However an upgrade to the new BASS version re3quires rewriting major parts of the visualisation support.
    So it can only be done after 1.0 is released.

You need to live with that. Sorry about that.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Nope, I now can't use milkdrop at all using rc3. I'm close to giving up on MP to be honest as every new version I try just seems to get worse and worse.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Nope, I now can't use milkdrop at all using rc3. I'm close to giving up on MP to be honest as every new version I try just seems to get worse and worse.

i don't know how it could get worse, if nothing has been done.
    There was no change in how Visualisation, especially Milkdrop, is working from Rc1 - RC2 - RC3.

Please take it as a fact, that the current BASS 2.3 support for Milkdrop has some problems.
    It works on some system, as you may read in this thread, and on some system, like yours it doesn't.
    It won't change until we could upgrade to BASS 2.4, which is targeted for 1.01, but i can't do major changes on the system in a Release candidate.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I haven't changed anything on my 2 systems in terms of drivers or anything. RC3 was installed completely clean as well. It worked before, but would always exit MP on the first attempt, but would then be fine on a reload.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Again: This is a bug in the version of Bass used now. For some ppl it works for some not.
    there's nothing that can be done now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom