How to install Mediaportal on Windows 2008 R2 (x64 only) (1 Viewer)

svortevik

Portal Pro
February 15, 2008
No language pack, its english version of windows server enterprise Service pack 2.

svortevik

Portal Pro
February 15, 2008
Hmm...

I was absolutely sure I did use the R2 version until you asked me now. This is really embarrassing, but i dont have the r2 version, only server 2008.

I will install it as soon as I get it down from msdn and will try again then with my tv-card and tv-server.

:sorry:

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm...

I was absolutely sure I did use the R2 version until you asked me now. This is really embarrassing, but i dont have the r2 version, only server 2008.

I will install it as soon as I get it down from msdn and will try again then with my tv-card and tv-server.

:sorry:

i knew already... just thought I bring it kinda softly... (its in your logfiles.. :D )..

good luck next time :D

svortevik

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2008
    Almost ready to try tv-server on 2008 R2. Finishing the upgrade from windows server 2008 at this moment. Hopefully this stupid mix-up is all thats wrong :-D

Thank you so much for pointing it out :D

Update:

It works. Finaly:) Now I only need a second tv-card and my tv-server computer is complete:)

Thank you soooo much for all you're help:)

orencha

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2005
    Netanya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi,

Did anyone try analog cards (such as WinTV-PVR-150 or HVR-1700) with Windows Server 2008 R2 ?
    I've read somewhere that the "BDA patch" for R2 does not support analog cards...
    I currently run Server 2008 (x86, non-R2) and would like to move to R2 x64.

bowers01

Portal Member
    May 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi,
    I had it working on win7, but i wanted more than 20 clients at a time.
    I followed this guide to the letter(used the msi)

When i launch the tv-server configuration i get a message saying this is not supported because it lacks critical hotfixes
    There is no servers in "TV Servers" and it doesnt find the tv card. It shows up in device manager though.

Any ideas?
    Cheers.
    Nick

EDIT: Card is a DTV1000s

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    I had it working on win7, but i wanted more than 20 clients at a time.
    I followed this guide to the letter(used the msi)

When i launch the tv-server configuration i get a message saying this is not supported because it lacks critical hotfixes
    There is no servers in "TV Servers" and it doesnt find the tv card. It shows up in device manager though.

Any ideas?
    Cheers.
    Nick

EDIT: Card is a DTV1000s

the message is normal .. it isnt supported.... just ignore it..

when there are no cards found... you probably forgot to run one of the install items (MP, bda.msi or anything else) "as administrator" ?

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Did anyone try analog cards (such as WinTV-PVR-150 or HVR-1700) with Windows Server 2008 R2 ?
    I've read somewhere that the "BDA patch" for R2 does not support analog cards...
    I currently run Server 2008 (x86, non-R2) and would like to move to R2 x64.

well i didnt try that... i guess you need to test yourself..
    first thing before you try if check if there are windows7 x64 drivers for your card... if there are.. you might have a chance..

bda drivers dont support analoge.. thats true.. you dont need them anyway..

good luck!

RevMen

November 27, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    First try I installed the drivers for my two Hauppauge HVR-1600s from the Hauppauge website, which put them in the Device Manager. Then I installed MP TV-Server Only and saw only the DVB-IP and RadioWebStream in the list of cards. Neither of my hardware cards showed up.

Uninstalled MP completely. Then ran the .msi alluded to on the first page. Reinstalled MP TV-Server only and now no cards show up at all in the TV-Server configuration.

Then I uninstalled both cards in the Device Manager. Uninstalled MP completely again. Uninstalled the BDA msi completely. Then installed the BDA msi again and restarted. After restart I installed MP once more. Now I see the DVB-IP and RadioWebStream again but still no cards. The device manager shows the two cards as multimedia video controllers needing drivers.

So then I decided to try option 2 and I got here:

[*]Now again a very important part. Press ALT + R and type "%systemroot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository"

And that's where I'm stuck. What does Alt+R do? In notepad it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there a chance the command has a different keystroke between Europe and the US?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom