How to listen to ABC FM stream (1 Viewer)

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
July 6, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
I want to be able to listen to Australian radio station ABC FM which they stream to the web. Does anyone do this and can guide me through setting it up?

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
July 6, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Peter, thanks for the response. I tried to follow that guide but I don't know how to do the last 2 steps:

• add the channel to one or more channel groups so that it is visible in MediaPortal
  • map the channel to the RadioWebStream card in the Radio Mapping section
The channel groups are blank, so I'm lost.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Ok, the wiki is a little bit 'unclear' but this is what you have to do:
    - you automatically get a 'All Channels' group in an additional tab in the top level of the radio configuration. To be able to use any radio channel, they have to be added to at least 1 group because that's what is visible in your MePo.
    - also, you have to map the channel in 'Radio Mapping. In there, you have to select the 'RadioWebStream Card... ' first at the right hand side at the top.
    Then you should see the radio stations that are available - if you have created them - and you have to select them and bring them to the right hand screen so they change from available to mapped.

Hope this helps

EDIT: in my case, the newly created channel goes automatically to the 'All Channels' group so you should be able to start that way and if you have more radio stations and want to sort them into extra groups, you just create these groups and by right clicking on a station, you can add them to an existing group or in the process, create a new group.

Last edited:

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Peter, got a bit further. My new entry shows in Radio's list of stations. If I highlight it, the graphic to the left changes to an 'X' - is that usual? If I click it, I get a popup saying 'unable to play'. In configuring this station, the URL I entered was the same one that shows when I play it in a browser - is that how it's done? Also, I set the bitrate to 128.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Are you sure you have the right link?
    The webstream of a radiostation is not the url you see when you open that station through the website.
    If you pass me the url of the website, I can have a look at it.

EDIT: make that the url of the webpage which contains the player because that site might have multiple stations.

Last edited:

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    So....what should the link be? Is it possible to stream it through MePo Radio?

Edit: are you saying that I can't get a continuous stream, only one program at a time?

Users who are viewing this thread