How to.. (1 Viewer)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I will be adding answers to the most frequently added questions here.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Add fanart/posters to recorded tv ?

Setup your recordings to go into folders depending on the type. i.e

Single recordings > movies folder
    Series/recurring recordings > series folder

Once done configure something like tinymedia manager to scrape your configured folder.

Lastly ( for now ) open pluginDefines.xml in the skin folder and edit the following two lines to match your recording locations
    <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#seriesloc:\\nas4free\nasmedia2\Recordings\series\</define>
    <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#moviesloc:\\nas4free\nasmedia2\Recordings\movies\</define>

Doing this will give you poster and fanart for your recordings when available like the attached picture

Attachments

• tvrec.jpg
      tvrec.jpg
      510 KB

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Create custom tiles:

This is using photoshop and the psd is linked at the bottom.

For the tiles follow the naming structure i have included in the folders as examples and also where to place them ( Ares\media\btn\ ( then focus or unfocus )).

Open Photoshop
    File > open and select the psd.
    File > open and select your new image.

In your image choose select >select all and then ctrl+c to copy the image.

In the psd use the direct selection tool then right click on the tile and choose select then ok, once highlighted use the paste into tool from the menu.
    Save the tiles with focus frame on/off for focus/unfocus.

Drop your new tiles into Ares>Media>btn>focus/unfocus

The list of available tiles is updated every time you start mediaportal.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/customtiles-zip.183265/

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    You will need to set your plugin id's in mpconfig to 8969 8970 or 8971
    Multishort1 id 8969
    Multishort2 id 8970
    Multishort3 id 8971

Users who are viewing this thread