HVR-1300 vs. HVR-1300 MCE (2 Viewers)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Paranoid, you're mixing it up with the HVR-1100. The analog part of the HVR-1300 does have a hardware encoder. Timeshifting is possible for both, analog & DVB-T. Nothing has to be done by software with this card.

madmonkeyman

Portal Member
June 10, 2005
Aberdeen, Scotland
Record One, Watch The Other

Hey,

Quick question. Does MP let you watch analogue and record digital and vice versa with this card? Was thinking of changing cause my LifeView DVB-T Duo PCI doesn't (or at least I can't get it working?!).

Cheers,

Monkey.

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
January 29, 2005
Halle (Saale)
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: Record One, Watch The Other

madmonkeyman said:
Hey,

Quick question. Does MP let you watch analogue and record digital and vice versa with this card? Was thinking of changing cause my LifeView DVB-T Duo PCI doesn't (or at least I can't get it working?!).

Cheers,

Monkey.

If you mean at the same time (I guess you mean that) then I have to disappoint you - it's not possible.

Hawkeye

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
In theory it's possible, but the card only has ONE antenna in (and 1 tuner). And modulating both signals into one cable doesn't work, as analog seems to be stronger than dvb-t and overrides the signal.

So in short: MediaPortal can do it, yes. Only the card (the tuner) is not made for it. You always have to unplug the once source and plug in the other.

So even shorter: You won't succeed.

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
January 29, 2005
Halle (Saale)
Home Country
Germany Germany
mPod said:
In theory it's possible, but the card only has ONE antenna in (and 1 tuner). And modulating both signals into one cable doesn't work, as analog seems to be stronger than dvb-t and overrides the signal.

So in short: MediaPortal can do it, yes. Only the card (the tuner) is not made for it. You always have to unplug the once source and plug in the other.

So even shorter: You won't succeed.

That's what I ment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 MP2 Stopped powering down DE
Make sure the "Configure Windows Energy Saving" settings in MP2 have not changed >Settings/General/System, they should be as in the screenshot below. Failing that you should check in Windows "Power Options" itself that everything is as it should be.
Make sure the "Configure Windows Energy Saving" settings in MP2 have not changed >Settings/General/System, they should be as in the...
Hi, MP2 (V:2.41.1) has been working fine for ages. I have the PowerScheduler set to power off after 10min, but now it doesn't...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
Replies
Views
Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's exactly what I am trying to solve. An example is moving from mytvrecordedtv.xml to mytvRecordedInfo. The variable changes from a screen grab thumbnail from the video file to a channel logo during...
Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's...
Good evening, I have a basic understanding of using skin.setstring and am able to set a skin property when a control gets focus...
Replies
Views
The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
Replies
Views
Yes, unfortunately, this would need a code change to support it. Next time I'm doing something on the plugin I'll try and remember to add support for this sort order.
Yes, unfortunately, this would need a code change to support it. Next time I'm doing something on the plugin I'll try and...
Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to help me out. Is there a way to either use the sort feature and/or a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom