Memory: Corsair DDR2 2GB
Motherboard: ASUS P5E-VM HDMI
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR1300
1. TV Card Type: Hybrid (Analog + DVB-T)
1. TV Card Driver: 4.6
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD8
MPEG2 Audio Codec: PDVD8
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: ANTEC Fusion Black
Cooling: Skythe Ninja Mini
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: Samsung LCD 40"
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Manuelito,
what do you mean? for me is one cable coming from the antena. On some frequencies come the digital content (DVB-T). When I scan with the analoque part it finds the analogue chanells and when I scan with the digital part it finds the digital channels. Then all the channels are in the list to select from.

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
January 29, 2005
Halle (Saale)
Home Country
Germany Germany
what do you mean? for me is one cable coming from the antena. On some frequencies come the digital content (DVB-T). When I scan with the analoque part it finds the analogue chanells and when I scan with the digital part it finds the digital channels. Then all the channels are in the list to select from.

Nevermind. Here we only get digital over antenna and for analogue I have to use cable - so the setup is different...

bill.

Portal Member
July 26, 2008
Mestre
Home Country
Italy Italy
HI Kstam, i'm here again, after testing chemeli solution (hwclear + 4.6 drivers) i can say there is a bug, no solution is gonna work, i hope in friday SVN...

bye!

kstam

Portal Member
May 30, 2008
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece
HI Kstam, i'm here again, after testing chemeli solution (hwclear + 4.6 drivers) i can say there is a bug, no solution is gonna work, i hope in friday SVN...

bye!

Good morning,
I checked yesterday night and I was already using 4.6b drivers, so config similar to chemeli's but the problem is still there for me also. I suppose is a bug, but why it appears only (as far as I know till now) to HVR 1300 card?? Have you found any reference to some other users with different cards having the same issue??
And why chemeli's box is working fine?? Chemeli any hint or idea to help us??
Bill have you report it as a bug??
Please if anyone finds a solution post it here. It is quite essential feature for me. I will continue to investigate also.
Thanks in advance to everybody.

bill.

Portal Member
July 26, 2008
Mestre
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi again, guys!

i've just finished to try the last svn build but nothing has changed and the problem is not solved yet
kstam, i don't think chemelli's box is equped with HVR 1300 Card, and i don't think others cards are suffering our bug (taking a look about many discussions on the forum)

I'm gonna try to segnalize this issue in bugtrace.. hoping this will help....

Bye!

SvenStoove

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Hi there - I am just about to format and start again with MP 0.2.3.0. I found that I could not get stable performance from TV Server RC1 or RC2.
    I found that drivers for WINTV 4.1_UK worked on MP 0.2.3.0 better then 4.4 and was not even watchable on 4.6b drivers.

I don't think HWClear works that well either. There is still lot's of things left in the registry.

BTW I am doing this because my wife is getting sick of restarting MP when it locks-up/stutters and it was working fine before I updated to MP RC1 and the newer drivers for the card.

kstam

Portal Member
    May 30, 2008
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I'm gonna try to segnalize this issue in bugtrace.. hoping this will help....

Hi everybody,
    bill have you report it to bugtrace?

In meantime I found that in bug tracker:
    0001482: Not possible to stop recording/timeshift in some circomstances - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Do you think it might be related?? I mean our case looks like timeshifting is not properly stopped as in that case where it states similar effect with recording. Mean time I think I suffer that problem also... if it is a different think at all.

I tryed to start a manual recording. Then stop it. But actually didn't stop. Trying to go after to a different channel and I had the same message that couldn't start timeshifting. Then if you go out of My TV and back in it shows it is recording, but no recording is in progress and nothing is actually recorded. All that with analoque channels. In general recording is NOT working as it brakes the system afterwards.

Have any of you tried recording?? Please do check how it works for you.

I 'm consdering rolling back on th driver's version atm and if it doesn't work I 'm also cosidering going back to 0.2.3.0 as it was actually woking. I didn't test extensivelly RC1 but I think didn't have those issues. Like that RC2 is NOT usable for me.

Thanks guys

mikkeha

July 18, 2008
    my 1300 works

TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC2
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC2
    MediaPortal Skin:
    Windows Version: Win XP MCE
    CPU Type:
    HDD:
    Memory:
    Motherboard:
    Video Card: Atri X200
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV HVR 1300
    1. TV Card Type: Hybrid analog+dvb-t
    1. TV Card Driver: mce_cd_v32
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: acer l250
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV: sony 32"
    TV - HTPC Connection: dvi/hdmi

in My configuration, all works fine. i can switch to any channel (ana/digi) without problem.
    i have configured hvr1300 in one group both analog and dvbt in tvserver setup.
    but, there is one difference, analog what i watch its not 'antenna' - it's analog (hvr1300's) s-video coming from external device..

befoce grouping i have also same problems (cannot start timeshifting, unknow error..)...

EDIT: SORRY. It doens't work! One time I switched one from digi to ana and it worked. then it comes when i switch back to digi.. cannot start, error..
    i must turn tv off and then switch again to work.

bill.

Portal Member
    July 26, 2008
    Mestre
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    EDIT: SORRY. It doens't work! One time I switched one from digi to ana and it worked. then it comes when i switch back to digi.. cannot start, error..
    i must turn tv off and then switch again to work.[/QUOTE]

Exactly the same for me and kstam... but someone here are gonna thinking we're crazy and keep telling us there's something wrong in our config...
    i'm gonna think that's will never will correct until will not claimed as a BUG

all the best...

Users who are viewing this thread