bill.

Portal Member
July 26, 2008
Mestre
Home Country
Italy Italy
HI Guys,
I Have a big problem With my DVB-T /Analog TV card:
when switch from any analog channel to a digital one i recieve this message "unable to start timeshifting - Unknow error occured"

any help / suggestion?

bill.

Portal Member
July 26, 2008
Mestre
Home Country
Italy Italy
i'm so sorry but i can't see where this option is, in cards section there is no option that is useful to define a card as hybrid,MP says there is two cards an analog one and a digital one, but then hybrid section reports no cards

please hel me!

kstam

Portal Member
May 30, 2008
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Vista Bussiness
CPU Type: Intel E8200
HDD: Seagate 320GB
Memory: Corsair DDR2 2GB
Motherboard: ASUS P5E-VM HDMI
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR1300
1. TV Card Type: Hybrid (Analog + DVB-T)
1. TV Card Driver: 4.6
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD8
MPEG2 Audio Codec: PDVD8
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: ANTEC Fusion Black
Cooling: Skythe Ninja Mini
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: Samsung LCD 40"
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I 'm sorry to jump into this thread, but it seems that I have a similar problem.
I have the same TV card (HVR1300) but for me the problem is the other way around. I can start My TV all right to analogue channels, then I can switch to DVB-T ones, but when I try to switch back to analogue I get the same message. NOTE THAT I have ALREADY declared the HVR as Hybrid in Server configuration since the beginning.
That's why probbably I can switch from Analogue to DVB-T. But then for some reason I guess the TV Server does not release the DVB-T card and when trying to switch to Analoque the card is not available. Am I close?? But that 's why the hybrid setting feature is for is not it??
I thought it was trying to use DVB-T to grab EPG data (I found a setting in the EDIT of the DVB-T card) so I disabled it, but still the same. I tried to unset the hybrid group.... to no solution of course, and reset it again, which didn't solve the problem either.
Then I thought of searching the forum and found this thread that bill has the same card and similar problem. Bill have tried to set up a hybrid group?? Did you have any problems when switching from digital to analogue?? That is of course if you managed to switch to digital at the first place...
Does anybody else has any idea?? Might it be a bug of MP or the Drivers??
Note also that with MP0.2.3 and 1.0RC1 and the previous drivers of Hauppauge (4.4 I think) everything was working. Now I did a format and installed all new and I get this.
I 'm sorry for the long post. Thanks for any help.

bill.

Portal Member
July 26, 2008
Mestre
Home Country
Italy Italy
kstam, thanks for your contribute
your problem is te same of my one, including a signle switch from analog to digital with no return back, this problem is very recent (one of the last SVN bulid of MP 1.0 RC1), so i'm gonna think it's a bug and nothing can depend on Hauppauge or others drivers.

Hope someone can resolve this very soon....

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Once you use hwclear.exe + WinCD 4.6b for Hauppauge and MP RC2 + Tv-Server with hybrid setup everything works as expected here.

Simone

kstam

Portal Member
    May 30, 2008
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    TV-Server Version:
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC2
    MediaPortal Skin:
    Windows Version: Vista Bussiness
    CPU Type: Intel E8200
    HDD: Seagate 320GB
    Memory: Corsair DDR2 2GB
    Motherboard: ASUS P5E-VM HDMI
    Video Card:
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR1300
    1. TV Card Type: Hybrid (Analog + DVB-T)
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.6
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD8
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: PDVD8
    h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: ANTEC Fusion Black
    Cooling: Skythe Ninja Mini
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV: Samsung LCD 40"
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Chemelli, I come from a format so my system was clear (no need for hwclear). Then I installed WinCD 4.6, but I don't remember if it was b or a if it existed, and I use MP RC2. That config was not working. I 'll check tonight for the exact version of the driver and install the 4.6b if that's not the case. I 'll report back here tomorrow.
    Thanks chemelli.
    What about you bill??

Manuelito

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Same card, same problem (with WinTV 4.6b)

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since you three seem to use the HVR-1300 with both - analogue and digital, I have a question to you: how did you connect it? I mean do you have to switch manually between the sources? I ask because if I connect an analogue and a digital source to my card, they interfere each other... (I hope you understand what I mean.)

Sorry for hijacking this thread!

Users who are viewing this thread