Hybrid Card - Unknown channel (1 Viewer)

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had the problem too and so I looked into the sources myself. I have found several problems and submitted a patch to sourceforge. Hopefully someone of the dev team commit it to svn.

If you are interested, the patch is located here

Regards
    MisterD

huma2000

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2006
    Murcia, Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I hope the patch sill be integrated soon into the svn, I really want to use the hybrid feature, is a great idea.
    Thanks misterd for your work!

FluffyLob

August 22, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I had the problem too and so I looked into the sources myself. I have found several problems and submitted a patch to sourceforge. Hopefully someone of the dev team commit it to svn.

If you are interested, the patch is located here

Regards
    MisterD

Thank you MisterD! I'll give this a test - time to dust off the compiler!

I'll feedback my results to this thread...

Chris

thumer

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thank you too mysterd. Can anybody post the a compiled library with this fix, if it runs well. I think it will need some time, till the fix is in the svn.

FluffyLob

August 22, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I just finished compiling MisterD's modifications, and the results for me were a definite improvement, although there does still seem to be some smaller issues (I'm continuing to test)...

It seems that you must perform the channel scan before grouping the cards, otherwise they will all be assigned to the first tuner. When grouping after scanning, the chnnels are assigned correctly.

Changing channels between different tuners seems to work well - however I've noticed occasional failures to change to channels on the same tuner after a previous switch from the other tuner, eg DVB-S->DVB-T->DVB-T

I'll continue testing - Thanks MisterD, this is a definite improvement!

thumer - I'm not sure if posting a compiled version with modifications is 'good form' here? It's real easy to compile yourself - there's instructions in the wiki and you can get a trial version of Visual Studio from Microsoft's web site...

Cheers,
    Chris

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It it good to here that it's working for at least another person. I know that this patch isn't perfect. My patch only adds additional checks and conditions in the TVServer to avoid the occuring exceptions. It is very complicated to find all these exceptions in the algorithm.
    IMHO the whole handling of hybrid cards should be changed. The reason is that the TVServer still handles all parts of a hybrid card as a single tv card. This makes the whole handling of the different streams etc. very complicated. I think it would be better when the TVServer handles a hybrid card as a single virtual card and than decides which part of the card has to be used. But this has to be changed in the core of the TVServer and I don't know if there are any side-effects.

MisterD

xurr

Portal Pro
    May 3, 2006
    Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Has this fix been committed to some recent TVE3 SVN release?

...in any case, thanks again for the fix!

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, the patch is still not in SVN. We have to wait and hope that someday it will be committed to SVN.

MisterD

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    misterd,

thanks a lot for the patch. I will download it and compile the source.

Just two more questions:

1) Did you try with SVN 16310 or it's now committed ?
    2) Have you managed to have working the analog part ? I scan channels but nothing is found...

Thanks again for your work.

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom