I can't get the PowerScheduler to work (1 Viewer)

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
June 21, 2005
Germany
Its a desktop PC in the Livingroom ...

20210411_114257.jpg

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
June 21, 2005
Germany
So: The IP Adress is now static. I've set it in die Router and Windows Network Card configuration

Set Windows (nothing active) to sleep (Ruhezustand): It comes up after 3 minutes with the Homesreen

Starting MePo in Homescreen and wait the now installed 3 Minutes:
The computer turns off after 3 minutes and turns on again after 3 minutes, the computer turns off after 3 minutes and turns on again after 3 minutes, the computer turns off after 3 minutes and turns on again after 3 minutes, etc., etc. ...

After all, I can now see the MePo home screen directly

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The computer turns off after 3 minutes and turns on again after 3 minutes
    It may be that your DHCP manager pings all devices on your network. If that is the case, you will need to disable WOL (wake on lan) on the "Power Management" tab in the network adapter's "Properties" page in "Device Manager".

It might also be beneficial after making these changes to:
    • Reboot your HTPC.
    • Switch your DHCP manager devicve (ADSL router?) off and on again (to make sure it is using the new config).
    -- from CyberSimian in the UK

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2005
    Germany
    Its a Fritzbox 7490. And the HTPC is rebooting verry often ... because I have it to schwitch OFF to end the endless rebooting ...

I have the Fritzbox rebooting now!

So: My Work for the next weekend ...

Last edited:

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2005
    Germany
    First I've updated the BIOS and disabled the COM Port that I don't use no longer

I've now taken the Infos from this link and find many devices that can wake up the PC. So all I found are now disabled to wake him up

This is standing in the wakeuptimer ( second Info:

20210418_122610.jpg

After I set him in Windows, MePo not running, in Sleepmode. And he will not waking up for a long time I've wating for that. So I start MePo and wait in Homescreen for set him in Sleepmode. And it will go. And also will not waking up like before ...

So I hope it will run now

The only thing is now the Stop button. But this is a oher thread

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2005
    Germany
    Hello again ...

The HTPC, so the Power Scheduler, will wake up not to the correct time. So, if 20:15 is the beginning of the TV Recording, he has to record 8 Minutes pre and to wake up 7 minutes pre to do this. But je wake up at 20:15 and start to record after the installed 8 minutes ... . So the first 8 Minutes are lost! The times are comming by Clickfinder

What is to do?

Users who are viewing this thread